Chapter One

The sun peaked just above the horizon, little rays of light could be seen dancing across a cloudless sky. The small glow was enough to catch my attention from my alert form. I had been awake for what seemed like ages waiting for some form of light to bleed in from my cracked curtains. I jumped out of my bed, and made my way to the double doors in front of me.

The walk-in closet was filled with frilly dresses and high heeled shoes. All of which were completely inappropriate for the mornings adventure. I walked to the very back where a large white dresser sat. I pulled the right corner forward to reveal a hidden hole. Inside was a pair of ripped jeans, a plaid shirt, and a very worn pair of hiking boots. Carefully, and continually hidden in the hole where my mother would be unable to find them. What she wouldn't give to take these items and chuck them out the door.

I quickly pulled the jeans and shirt on and laced the boots up. I took a glimpse at my hair in the mirror and pulled it back into a ponytail, and checked the time.

Right on Cue.

I carefully slide the glass door open that led to my balcony, hoping to stop it from making any noise. I peeked out looking through the banister, and could see a guard rounding the corner.

I had exactly five minutes to get on the ground and out of sight before another would be present below.

I slide the door shut, and carefully made the descent to the ground. With every movement of letting go of the vines I shook. The fall wouldn't kill me, but the three story drop would definitely leave a mark that wouldn't go unnoticed.

As soon as my feet hit the grass I bolted for the tree line. Usually upon hitting the trees I would slow down and enjoy the morning energy that nature brought. However, today was not a day for wasting time. The trees pulled and grabbed at my face and clothes, but I didn't slow down.

Today was my last day of freedom, and I wasn't going to stop until I was able to breathe its final breath.

I slowed down as the trees thickened, and a smile spread across my face as I heard the loud splashing of a waterfall.

Upon exiting the thicket of trees, my feet hit the mush of sand. A tall waterfall flowed from the ridge above into a calm pool. This was one of the most beautiful places I had ever seen. The edge of sand was covered in numerous bright fully blooming flowers, and the trees were tall and green. There was such a huge pull of positive energy and it came from the middle of the pool. Touching the center of the pool was a vibrant colorful waterfall that shined as the morning light bounced of it.

My smile got bigger upon glancing at a figure standing in the water. His pants were rolled to his knees where the water didn't even slightly dampen them. His blonde shaggy hair wavered in the light breeze.

His back was to me, but I was sure he could sense my presence, or at least heard me rustling through the trees.

I ripped off my shoes and rolled up my pants' knowing no matter how high I rolled them they would still get wet.

I walked through the cool smooth water to meet Alexander who was standing in the middle. His hand was outstretched moving through the light of the rainbow.

The cool water shifted around my legs making light ripples. The unexplained magic of this place was a natural phenomenon neither of us had ever told anyone about. The halfway point between his palace and mine. The one place I was allowed to be myself, and speak my mind. The one place that no one would judge me but the trees. The place I was allowed to be me. Today was the last day I would be allowed to enjoy any of it.

I grabbed his hand and the light of the rainbow danced across my skin instantly filling me with positive and energetic energy. The sudden touch of energy hit me and I let out a laugh from the overwhelming emotion.