PROLOGUE

read this when you're lonely
lee jeno

read this when you're lonelylee jeno

//▃PROLOGUE ▃//

----♣----

step, drag.

every step into the direction his dark eyes were fixated at, every inevitable crack of his heart.

he looked back, just for a split second and scanned the two, arms interlinked with ecstatic smiles carved into their radiant faces.

a sigh escaped, fists clenched with the urge of being him. gulping, he exhaled a deep breath as he continued to trudge down the path away. his thoughts blended with agony, broken memories of her flashing before his very sore eyes. he was to never admire that smile again like before, to never gaze into her twinkling eyes with the bliss of.. love.

he took another deep exhale, beating himself up over his cowardice.

then he paused.
dead in his tracks.

slowly turning around, he stopped for a second as his senses heightened. sniffles erupted closeby, quiet wailing surfacing from the depths of the alleyway leading to the back of the school.

he wanted to ignore it, but not only was the moral compass in his head screaming at him to go check, something else, some unknown feeling, was telling him to find the source of the sniffles. that strange gut feeling he's never really had before, seemed to convince him more than the moral compass.

he lets his legs walk him towards the sound, peering behind the red brick wall to see the shape of a girl. back hunched, face in her hands and her hair falling at the sides like a waterfall, shielding her identity. the sniffles that came from her were soft with the intention of not wanting anyone but herself hear the cries.

unfortunately for her, jeno heard it very clearly.

either she wasn't as quiet as she thought, or jeno just had really good hearing.

he takes a step closer, ready to ask what's wrong.

the girl lifts her head up to look at him. the sound of his shoes hitting the pavement already alerting her of another presence.

jeno's eyes widen by the slightest bit in shock once her identity has been revealed to him. eyes watery and red, nose contributing the same color as her sore eyes that widen slightly just like him, unintentionally mirroring his action.

"eunha? "

"jeno? "