Chapter 14: Colder Than Snow (Rewrite)

Start from the beginning

"I gotta agree with him," Leon thought.

"Year after the Holy Sword Selection, we were sent here in Kuoh, to retrieve the stolen Excalibur pieces," Xenovia said.

"Wait! What pieces!?" Leon said in shock.

"Excalibur, my dear, don't worry I will explain it to you later," Sasha hushed Leon by stuffing his mouth with her hand. "Continue,"

"We soon made contact with the Gremory and Sitri heiress, since they were the ones who held the authority over this city. Unlike me, Nicolas never dislikes the devil nor does he bear any sort of resentment toward them. Even though his real parent was killed by the devils, his mother Griselda told me that. So we proceed with our task, and then we meet with the fallen angels Kokabiel and Valper Galilei, who were trying to fuse back the broken pieces of Excalibur and wage another war, in the Biblical factions,"

"How the hell! Did Excalibur get broken?" Leon said with an unpleasant tone.

"Not now!" Sasha stuffed her hand again in his mouth.

"We manage to beat him, thanks to Issei and Nicolas, who figure out a plan to kill him from behind. It takes up, every single trump card that he had kept hidden throughout the years to finally kill Kokabiel, and stop the war. But after he kills Kokabiel, he decides to disappear, leaving without any sort of trace or even leaving any goodbye... Nor! Did he even let me bear his child before he disappeared"

"No wonder he left," Leon thought.

"Just like any other romance drama... Childhood friend never wins," Sasha said with a sad tone.

"It was a couple of months ago, after his disappearance, I was desperate to search for him, even Mother Griselda found the news of his disappearance. She along with the higher, was displeased with his sudden disappearance, so even till now... I keep on, trying to search for him, and now! The day had come, as my prayer had been answer,"

"That's sweet to hear," Sasha said.

"Still sour about the whole Excalibur thing," Leon said.

"Oh shush! My dear," Sasha said.

"Alright, I managed to book us a flight to Moscoe tomorrow, so get your bags ready, and meet me here at 9.00 p.m. sharp," Rei said.

"Thank you," Xenovia bowed in gratitude for Rei.

"And here, I came from Moscow to meet with my dear again, to just ended up getting back to the motherland again," Sasha sighed.

"Though, that still answers my question," Rei said. "On how, in the name of Gaia! Did you are in the possession of Durandal!?"

"Wasn't she the one that held, the Peerless sword?" Leon asked.

"Not their sword! Ours!" Rei retracted the words of her twin, who fell into shock, after the realization.

"He gave me, his version of Durandal as a celebration gift after we passed the Holy Sword Selection, he said. That he doesn't need it anymore since he had to decide to change his way of battle," Xenovia explained.

"No wonder. Why do you want to meet him, so bad," Leon said.

"Of course, you, yourself already know why? Don't you? With the whole Sasha being alive thing, and she has the Grail pieces, what sort of idiot. Would I be, to pass out the chance to meet someone, that probably know the detail of why we are even here in the first place,"

"That's a resonable answer, but getting to Nicolas is much harder than you think," Sasha said with a sigh.

"Why?" Xenovia asked.