As soon as Mark steps out of the room, he finds Taeyong waiting there, walking in circles while Jaehyun was leaning on the wall trying to reassure the love of his life that everything will be okay.

"How is he?" Taeyong rushes to the boy as he asks very worried about the boy and Jaehyun sighs at how distressed he looks, "He is doing alright, he just needs some time Hyung" Mark answers vaguely as he tries to make it the fastest possible to the kitchen and grab anything edible.

Jaehyun and Taeyong followed him down the stairs, Sicheng was working on their plan while Yuta and Johnny were out to do grocery shopping. 

"Taeyong Hyung, do I make the reports myself, or should I just send the highlights?" Sicheng asks and Taeyong thinks for a second before answering, "Make them, and then send them." He answers as he opens the fridge to take out a bottle of water.

Mark takes bags of various candies he found in the cabinets of the kitchen and goes back up the stair to cuddle haechan. Jaehyun, Taeyong, and Sicheng were the only ones lefts in the level and before they knew it, Taeyong stormed out to the garden of the house.

Jaehyun shortly followed after him and found Taeyong standing there in the middle of the garden, looking dispirited and angry at the same time, "Taeyong Hyung? Are you okay?" Jaehyun asks as he tries to approach the male, but Taeyong doesn't let him.

"Jaehyunnie, could you please go make dinner?" Taeyong asks with a tainted voice and Jaehyun knows that he was crying, "Yong, the guys are not back yet." Jaehyun again tries to approach him, and even tho Taeyong tries to not look at him and just stay away from him, Jaehyun's tentative seems to be successful.

"Go flower the flowers then, I bet that they need it," Taeyong asks and if it wasn't for the situation they were in, Jaehyun would have chuckled at the wording.

"Are you crying, baby?" Jaehyun asks and the male is seen shaking his head as an answer, but his head wasn't the only thing shaking, "N-No, I am not crying, I'm just having an allergic reaction because of the flowers!" Taeyong manages to let out and Jaehyun turns him so they are face to face and hugs him.

"What's wrong love?" He asks and Taeyong sighs as the tears stream down his cheeks, "It is my fault Jaehyun, I should have checked before sending donghyuck there!" He cries louder as he explains and Jaehyun pats his back lovingly.

"I should have made a relationship between the two and thought quicker! This was right under my nose and I failed to notice it! Now haechan is probably having his trauma come back because of my wrong calculations!" He complains and Jaehyun stays silent until he finishes ranting, "I don't deserve to be a leader." 

Jaehyun takes hold of the shorter cheeks and cups them gently but enough for Taeyong's lips to display an adorable pout that Jaehyun wanted to kiss so badly, "Okay now you listen to me, no one, I repeat, NO ONE deserves to be a leader as much as you do! You practically raised each of the dreamies, you were there for each one of us, you protected each one of us the best you could, you went out of your way to make us feel comfortable, happy, and alive again, you gave us a second chance at life and that sweetheart, is what a good leader. You had no mean to know that they were related and you shouldn't put yourself through hell for it. I know you are worried for haechan and that worry is the sign of a mature adult, but overwhelming doubt is a problem honey, so please don't doubt yourself, hm?" 

The boba eyes of the leader followed each and every move of Jaehyun and Taeyong feels thankful because deep inside, he feels a little at ease. 

No one would ignore that Taeyong is for sure the heart and power cell of the whole gang, if Taeyong was down, the whole gang would be a huge mess. Their perfectionist smart leader is the person who made them this sharp, this efficient, this powerful, and even if Taeyong could be a total softie on the inside, he sure rocked everyone with how scary he could get.

Out of them all, Taeyong was the one that played the cards like a professional ever since they created the gang, no push and pull, no mistakes or misjudgments, if Taeyong calls it, then Taeyong calls it, no doubt whatsoever. All because Taeyong was the one that was familiarized with this lifestyle the most, he knew the best out of them all.

Because his father was once a cruel figure in the Korean mafia, he was involved in all sorts of dirty works like murder, slavery, drug dealing, stealing at such ripe age, and all without knowing absolutely having any say on anything about it. His father would use him as bait however he pleases and bring customers and all sort of dirty people just for money, all that Taeyong remembers is his father beating him until he sees the light for reasons like not pleasing customers, not doing the job he was told to do, not being careful enough to leave no traces. And what could a 7 years old possibly do in this situation? Run? Taeyong has tried that, but his father found him again and Taeyong still remembers that night very vividly in his mind, it was a night that he would never forget in his life from how awful it was, and the scar on his right cheek was a constant reminder of how monstrous his father was.

But it came down to one night when Taeyong came back from a mission and he found his father screwing some of their servants. She was pregnant and begging him to let her go, but his father paid no mind and proceeded to kick her in her belly. Taeyong tried to help her by kicking his father but he just got slammed to the wall with a forceful punch of his father. So taeyong collected every bit of energy left in him and took hold of the gun he had on him and shot his father right in the eyeballs. The maid escaped from the place leaving Taeyong with the corpse of his father, laying in a pool of blood.

That night, every form of innocence was stripped off Taeyong's soul, and the little boy he remembers to be was standing, looking at the lifeless body, feeling a strange swirl of feelings as he saw the chest of his father not heaving, and it felt like he was freed.

After that, he cleansed the scene, buried the corpse, and sold everything related to his father just to cleanse his name from the absurdities of what his parents had done in their lives. But at the same time, he made a name for himself, and sealed deals with people he knew would have his back when needed, scaring off anyone that had the slightest bad attention toward him with his famous line of "I killed my own flesh and blood father, you think you scare me?" And making good use of his belongings when creating their current gang, choosing the best out of the best to get involved with his project.

So no one would really deny that Taeyong indeed knew how to play his cards, so by no chance he did get to be the leader.

Taeyong hugs the younger for a few moments, letting the words sink in so he could feel better, and you bet jaehyun's arms were open for him.

"Thank you, Yoon." The leader mumbles and the other nods with a smile as he lets the older enjoy his w

Notes:

Hello everyone! I am so sorry for not updating in so long. I have completely neglected this story with all that was happening around me and I hope that I will get the time to write more of this story because i absolutely love writing it, i have lots of ideas for it, so i hope i could express them as soon as I could.

Now i wish that you all are doing great and that you are healthy and safe, corona is not letting us go so I hope we could survive it. 

I hope you liked the chapter, we explored Taeyong's background story, and more is about to come so stay tuned!

please vote and comment, it means the world to me, I fancy you<3

_DREAM_