New Command

*Kamino, 22 BBY*

I watched the raindrops slide down the glass windows of the cloning facility. It was always raining. I cannot remember a day when it wasn't. I huffed lightly.

"VODS!" Crack-up came screeching into the room. "It's time!"

I stood at attention along with 7 of my brothers. The Jedi would be arriving soon. I heard it would be a young knight. My small group of brothers and I have been waiting for this day for a long while. Lama Su entered the large area. The large door from the landing platform opened.

"Master Fisto, Jedi Knight Vann. Welcome to Kamino." Lama Suu bowed lightly. The two Jedi did the same. A Nautolan, and a Twi'lek? Oh please, please don't let us be under the command of a tail head! "This is a small clone force of 8 soldiers. They were taken from different squads when we realized their development was behind. They were put in a small squad and trained together. Good luck." Lama Su crooned, waving an arm at us. The Nautolan gave us a wide grin.

"Hello, men! My name is Kit Fisto, and this is my former Padawan Detta Vann. Pleased to meet you all." Master Fisto nodded at the tail head. She took a step forward.

"Hello, men. Before we get into small talk, we need to leave for Coruscant. We can talk on the way there." She spoke with an authoritative voice and walked with pride. "Understood?"

"Yes sir!" We all replied.

"At ease." Master Fisto chuckled.

                                                                                              ***

"A Twi'lek!!!" Crack-up nudged my shoulder. "They're pretty hot."

"Hush! She's our commander!" The door whooshed open. "Speak of the devil."

"Are ya ears burnin?" Kittyhawk howled with laughter. "Or...cones?" General Vann did not even crack a smile.

"I have a few things I would like to talk about with you men." General Vann hoisted herself up onto a crate of supplies set for Coruscant. "I am fully aware that I am a Twi'lek, and I am also fully aware that we females are often sold as slaves. Slaves for many things." Commander Vann hung her head for a second as if remembering something. "I am also aware that I am somewhat young. But you all are technically younger, so I do not want to hear it." How old was I? Like, 12 or something. 

"Will you be calling us by our CT numbers or by our names?"

"I believe that you clones are not just numbers. I will call you by your names unless you are angering me." She sure looked like she was easy to anger. "Please, introduce yourselves." I stood, saluted, and looked General Vann right down into her dark brown eyes. "I am Spitfire."

"Kittyhawk."

"Crack-up."

"Ranahan."

"Verity."

"Breezer."

"Picker."

"Rider." We all stood in front of her, new shiny armor and all.

"And what do you call yourselves?"

"We call ourselves the 'Runaway' force."

"Almost to Coruscant!" Master Fisto's voice echoed from Commander Vann's comlink. She turned to look at us, and I thought for a moment. 'Maybe being led by a tail head won't be too bad.' For a taily, she sure was pretty. Soft purple skin, dark brown eyes, darker purple markings down her tails and on her face, and maybe a couple on her shoulders? It was hard to see from her outfit.

"You seem nervous." General Vann muttered, not even bothering to look over her shoulder.

"I am a little nervous if I am being honest, General."

"Why?" She tinkered with her laser sword.

"I have never been off of Kamino before, let alone under command of a Jedi." I replied, sitting next to her.

"Coruscant is okay." The Commander looked over at me. "Ryloth is my favorite, but I suppose I'm biased." The corners of her mouth lifted slightly.

"Was that some Jedi joke?" I was slightly confused.

"No, General."

"Sorry sir." It was an instinct to reply to things with either 'Yes Sir or No sir'.

I honestly hated it.