The Beginning

*Coruscant, 21 BBY*

I lived on my home planet of Ryloth until I was 6 years old.

That is one way I am similar to Anakin Skywalker.

Excelling in classes, combat, and the Force.

Another.

Struggling with slavery and slavers ideals?

Another.

But I hate him-

He always manages to be better than me. No matter what. In anything and everything.

He has a padawan.

He leads the famed 501st.

The best Star Pilot in the galaxy.

He is the one Jedi Chancellor Palpatine trusts.

Anakin Skywalker.

He seems so happy.

No one else seems to sense the conflict within.

The Dark Side.

I hope it corrupts him.

I hope he falls to the Dark.

I hope it consumes him and burns him alive.

I want to duel with him.

I want to laugh as I ignite my saber through his heart.

I-

"Detta." I leap up from my kneeling position. My things were strewn around my room. I had probably levitated them while meditating. "I can feel your anger roiling. The entire population of Coruscant can!"

"I'm sorry Master Fisto." I mutter. I used to be his padawan. And his complete opposite. It must be the reason we got along so well. He is always so chippy and cracks jokes, even on the battlefield. 'Service with a smile' indeed. I've never laughed at his jokes, though. I do know that I am an angry, resentful person. My mother used to tell me all the time-

'You could kill an entire pack of Jedi with one glare!'

Funny how I myself have become a Jedi Knight.

"Detta." Master Fisto's hand on my shoulder ripped me back from my trance. "You were deep in your own mind again. You can't do that on the battlefield."

"My apologies, Master."

"The council has given us a mission." Master Fisto diverted the conversation as he picked up random trinkets from off of the floor. "We are to go to Kamino."

"Kamino?" That's where the clones are from. 

"The council has decided to let you lead your own small force of around 8 clones."

"That's an awfully low number." I wonder why I was only being given 8 clones? Was I incapable of more? 

"Bigger than 0." Master Fisto retorted. "We leave immediately."

"Yes, Master."

"And, you'll need your robes." He cracked a wide smile. "It's always raining on Kamino."