Glaer en i gwend en a Ernil ad a taur gwen

Start from the beginning

His mellon (friend) did not seem to think about all those things and let out a frustrated snort when she missed the target by a hair. The Ernil (Prince) chuckled and handed her another arrow. "Do not worry, it would have been strange if you had hit the first time. Let's try again.", he had reassured her, amused by her fierce gaze.

The second time she hit and also the third, fourth and fifth. The young red-haired elleth (she-elf) began to jump around excitedly and in her eyes the flames of the impetuous fire burning in her were visible.

With the last jump she came to Legolas and hugged him tightly: " Hannon le, mellon nin ! (Thank you, my friend)", she said. Her best friend laughed as he hugged her: "You are welcome! You learn fast.".

Then with a gasp the elleth (she-elf) looked at him with wide eyes and half-open lips as if she had suddenly remembered something. "The day after tomorrow is the day you will come of age! It is your begetting and there will be the great feast! I almost forgot about it!", she said.

Legolas nodded with a sigh: "It is. But honestly I do not know if I am really ready to be an adult, especially as an Ernil (Prince). In reality I already know that I will miss my childhood!", he concluded with a small smile.

Tauriel gave him a playful push: "You cannot be serious! You will be a grown up and you can do whatever you want without asking anyone's permission! Besides, I am sure you will be an excellent Ernil (Prince)!", she spoke firmly smiling back at him. The ellon (male elf) hoped that his best friend's predictions would come true.

They went back together into the King's Halls and separated in the corridor leading to Tauriel's rooms. "I do not know if we can meet tomorrow because in the morning you have training and in the afternoon I am sure that my adar (father) will exacerbate me with recommendations and organization of the feast. So we will see each other there at the latest!". His mellon friend nodded: " Losta mae (sleep well), then Ernil nin (my Prince) Legolas.", she said mockingly.

That was what the Prince was thinking about the next morning, while he watched Tauriel train. She was beautiful, there was no way to ignore it and Legolas had always seen it, but at that moment he wondered if other ellyn (male elves) had noticed it and for some strange reason he hoped not.

Shortly after, he silently swung himself from the tree with a sigh. Aran (King) Thranduil, his adar (father), waited for him in his lodgings to discuss the following day's feast and he did not want to be late.

When he enter the King's apartments, he found him sitting at his large carved desk, intent on signing papers. Thranduil seemed much calmer than himself, moreover the Aran (King) was almost always calm. When he perceived his presence he looked up: "Ah, ion nin (my son). Precisely in time, I am happy to notice.". The Ernil (Prince) bowed his head slightly: "Good day, adar (father), you wanted to talk to me?", he greeted him and for some reason he was already looking forward to having ended that conversation. Obviously Thranduil noticed how tense his son was, so he got up and invited him to sit on a comfortable burgundy sofa in front of a small balcony and joined him shortly after. He called his personal servant, Galion, and had fruit and fresh water brought.

"You are worried, Legolas.", he simply observed and handed him a glass of water. The young ellon (male elf) sighed, it was useless to try to hide something from his adar (father). "Well, tomorrow will change many things and I will have many more responsibilities and I want to be able to do all the best I can.", he admitted his concerns.

The gaze of Aran (King) Thranduil was turned towards the wood that could be seen from the balcony: "You are the Ernil (Prince) of the Greenwood, my hîl (heir), but tomorrow's feast will not change you, you will still remain the same person. You will have to learn over time to be an adult and a Prince and I am sure that you will do your best, ion nin (my son). Nobody expects you to fulfil all your royal tasks overnight.", Thranduil said and turned his gaze back to his son. He had eyes as light as his, his high cheekbones and his own composed posture, but the thin nose and face shape were definitely those of the deceased Queen of the Greenwood. Freya would have been very proud of her little leaf, the Aran (King) allowed himself to think for a moment with pain.