Onward to a Better Day

Izuku POV

It had been almost 5 months since I had finally run away from home. Toga had effectively moved into my little trash gazebo. I managed to open up the electrical box near my little hobbit hole and wired it up under the sand to my hole. I connected them to some Christmas lights I found in the trash. Got a minifridge, electrical stovetop, a microwave, some sleeping bags, and a laptop all in. I wouldn't have been able to fit the minifridge in if it weren't for the teleportation quirk. Though I did have to take a while to recover afterward. It drained me a lot more than I thought it would. Turns out that it's harder to teleport with larger items. It's based on distance and mass. The more I try and take the more energy it takes. 

I got the minifridge and electrical stovetop for fairly obvious reasons. I needed something to store foods and keep them cool and I needed the electrical stovetop for foods that needed cooking. The microwave is what I ended up using more though. With such a small fridge I couldn't store that much so I just had what amounts to TV dinners. I got the computer and got myself into an online school. Even though I'm not living with my sperm and egg donors anymore I still need to have an education. I took a test and I got placed two grades above my own. Turns out all those years of not having social interaction and only being able to get entertainment from reading at the library worked out for me. 

On a different note, I have continued my vigilante work. I did it because I like the feeling of taking a quirk. It felt good. After years of not having a quirk, the feeling of taking a quirk from someone else felt way too good. I had to take measures to manage my power. I didn't take quirks from everyone. Only those who were villains for selfish reasons. I was never completely sure so I might have let some people leave with their quirks when I should have taken them. Over time I managed to get used to the feeling and learned how to ignore the satisfaction I got every time I took a quirk. 

I got a few quirks notably a cloaking quirk, an electrical quirk that helped immensely when I wired up the gazebo, and a minor strength quirk. It's nothing compared to my sperm donor's quirk but it's good enough to help out every now and then. There was one moment that I remember that made me smile. I had stopped a mugging a week earlier and got a quirk called Energy Spear. It allowed the user to make blue spears out of energy. 

A week later I witnessed a girl with red hair being bullied by upperclassmen. It looks like her eye was bleeding pretty badly. I had flashbacks to when I was being bullied. I couldn't just sit by and watch so I decided to intervene. 

"HEY! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!?" I yelled as I entered the alley after putting on my mask. 

"Huh! Oh, it looks like we have a little hero on our hands!" the first bully says. 

"Would you look at that Watanabe! Someone's come to help the quirkless reject!" The second bully says. That made me pissed. They were bullying this girl for no reason other than she's quirkless. 

"What are you going to do you brat!?" The third bully asked before snickering to themselves. 

"Leave her alone. I don't want this to get physical," I said to them. They then proceeded to all start laughing. 

"What are you going to do!? You probably have some shitty weak quirk! Let's get him, boys!" They all proceeded to decent upon me. 

I took a moment to take in what they looked like to see if I could find any indications of their quirk. The first bully had some scales similar to the quirk I have. Though I wasn't stupid enough to think that it was just that. The scales were white so I expected him to have some ice-related ability. That's all I could get before he came to attack me. I turned on my scales and blocked his slash attack. He then opened his mouth and breathed ice on me. Expecting this I launched some fire at the ice he was breathing and managed to neutralize his attack. 

I took that time to see what was going on behind him and saw the second bully touch the concrete with his arm turning into the material. A rather impressive quirk. It's a shame it ended up in the hands of someone like him. The other bully reared his arm back before launching a punch. His arm stretched and almost hit me. I grabbed his arm and used a bit of electricity on him, stunning him. I grabbed his hand and used my strength quirk to throw him against the wall. 

His arm hit the others and knocked them into the walls as well. I walked up to them and asked "So are we done here?" 

They didn't respond. Simply getting up and running away. I walked over to the girl they were attacking. She backed into the corner near a trash bin, obviously scared of me. Realizing this I stopped and crouched down to her level to hopefully make myself less intimidating. I put on the softest face I could. "What's your name?" I asked her. 

"W-Watanabe. Watanabe Yoko." She said stammering a bit before trying to put on a brave face. "Who are you?" 

That was a good question. I wasn't willing to give her my fake "real" name. If she tells the police she might be able to rat me out. Thinking quickly I decided upon "Theif. My name is Theif." She seemed to accept that. "So Yoko. I heard you're quirkless." She looked scared as I said that. "Tell me. What do you want to do with your life?" 

"I want to be a hero," she said with determination. "But I can't I don't have a quirk," She finished looking down. Dejected. 

"I can help with that," I said. She looked up at me with eyes full of hope. "My quirk allows me to give and take quirks.  I use it to take quirks from villains as a vigilante and I think I have a quirk fitting of someone with a fighter spirit like yours." 

I used the quirk energy spear to make a spear in front of me showing it to her. "This quirk is called energy spear. It lets its user make spears out of energy like so," I explained before taking her hand. "And now, it is yours," I said as I passed the quirk onto her. The spear I was holding dissolved into nothing. 

I got up, pulling her with me. "Now try and focus on summoning your spears," I explained. 

She put her hand out, closing her eyes and focusing until the spear appeared. Looking at it and her eyes lit up as tears trickled down her cheeks. She hugged me saying "Thank you! thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!" She pulled away and asked, "How can I ever repay you!?" 

"Accomplish your dream to become a hero. This world needs more heroes like you," I said as I turned around and started to walk away. "I am technically a vigilante, so when you do become a hero good luck on trying to catch me!" 

She laughed before yelling "I'll be looking forward to it Thief!" 

I teleported back to my home (home? Yeah home...) feeling accomplished with myself. Sadly for me, it was only a month later that my past would start to catch up to me. The day I finally met the hobo that would make my job so much harder. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quirks: All For One, Fire, Scales, Face Change, Mole, Teleport, Self-Healing, Sing, (Blood Hunger), Clones, Electricity, Strength. 

() means not a complete quirk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yes I basically made Undyne. It wasn't on purpose. I had a site that generates random quirks and that was the one that came up. So yeah. Also, do you want this to be something like Dadzawa? I can make that work. And thanks j5765h986 for the quirk ideas! If anyone else has any ideas for Izuku please let me know and I'll be sure to add them in.