𝐢. ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ

01 : Family Above All[sʜᴏʀᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ]

[sʜᴏʀᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ]

OF COURSE IT WOULD BE RAINING, WHEN IS IT NOT RAINING IN THE SMALL TOWN OF FORKS

OF COURSE IT WOULD BE RAINING, WHEN IS IT NOT RAINING IN THE SMALL TOWN OF FORKS.  Logan rolled his eyes and trekked up the driveway to the old house. The one his father had left to Charlie. He paused looking at the yard where he and his best friend would run around.

It brought back so many memories.

Too many memories.

He sighed and lightly rapped his knuckles on the door, biting the inside of his cheek. And when Charlie opened the door Logan had to try his hardest not to cringe at his older brother's appearance.

Charlie Swan was the spitting image of their father. Deep brown eyes with a square jaw and chocolate hair to match. But their usual awkwardness was gone and a tired gleam was left in its wake. Dark circles painted the skin under his eyes and Logan could make out more worry lines along the sides of his face.

"Logan- I didn't think you would be here for a few more hours." Charlie breathed out and the younger brother merely raised a brow. "Did you use your powers?"

Logan smiled and followed his brother into the house when Charlie returned to the kitchen. "Well the council, unfortunately, made me miss my flight." He closed his umbrella and shrugged off his jacket. "So I decided to take the easy way. Got here faster and no traffic."

"Uh, yeah." Charlie was still coming to grips with what his baby brother was, what he was capable of. It was a shock at first, but the eldest Swan got over it. No matter how much it freaked him out, Logan was still his little brother. "Bella will be home soon."

"Great, how is she anyway?" Logan was worried for his niece.

"Not good, after the Cullens-" Charlie paused when his little brother's eyes widen and flashed a bright electric turquoise. "What?"

"Cullen? As in Carlisle Cullen." Logan's eyes narrowed in suspicion. Now he knew why Edward's sounded so familiar.

He was a Cullen.

"Yep. They skipped town and a few months ago, and Bella had a thing with one of them. After they left, she just kinda broke down." The older brother told the younger as he handed Logan a beer. "I figured if anyone could help cheer her up it would be you, y'all were close when she was younger."

Logan clicked his tongue and took a swig of his alcohol. "People change Charlie, I've changed."

The brunette already knew what his brother was referring to. "Are you gonna tell her?"

The blue-eyed man nodded slightly and rolled his jaw in thought. "When the time is right until then I think it best to keep her in the dark."

"Keep who in the dark?" Both men turned when the front door opened and Logan could see what Charlie meant.

Bella didn't seem like herself, well that was an understatement. Her curious brown orbs were almost hollow and her once pale skin was even lighter, appearing to look more like porcelain.

"Logan?" Bella breathed out and the ravenette smiled placing his beer on the counter. "You're here?"

"Hello Bella-Bee, it's been a long time."

He didn't have time to react before he had an armful of Isabella Swan. All he could do was wrap her in an embrace as she shook in his arms. When she was younger, Logan was without a doubt her favorite person.

And a part of him hoped he still was.