"HEY!! ARE YOU IGNORING U—"

"hah?! and why should I listen to you?", mimic scoffed.

"OI! I'M TALKING TO YOU GU—"

"I had deduced that you'd be the perfect selection to lead the group for the task, but am I perhaps wrong?", mikoto asked, causing mimic's ego to waver.

     "WHO SAID?! I'LL DO IT!", mimic proclaimed.

     "good", mikoto smiled, picking the small tengu up, as she whispered what she needed them to do.

     "if it's not there, then you can just meet us back at the kinshi forest", the woman instructed, to which mimic had only answered with a grunt, as he flew off with the rest of the shie hassaikai — leaving only kurono and chisaki now.

     bakugo gritted his teeth as he hastily attempted to exorcise the demons in front of him.

though his brashness had only caused a wall of blue flames to force him back to his friends' sides, as the unknown power had peaked everyone's interest.

"another demon?", ashido breathlessly questioned.

     indeed, a nine-tailed fox had appeared. though he had a dark mask that covered the top half of his face, burnt skin and stitches littered across his jawline and all parts of his body.

"AND WHO ARE YOU?!", bakugo yelled.

"I go by dabi...for now", the dark-haired male answered.

eri gently tugged on mikoto's brocade, catching her attention, as she sneakily slipped away with the young demon.

     "is there something that you wanted to ask?", mikoto questioned, kneeling down, as she could hear the demons and angels starting to fight in the background.

     "u-umm...c-can I travel w-with you as w-well? I don't have a-anyone...and...you seem really nice...", eri mumbled, feeling embarrassment rise up to her cheeks.

     mikoto seemed to weigh her options for a moment.

     "it'll be very dangerous though, and a lot of walking", mikoto softly stated, attempting to persuade her to leave with kurono and the remaining demons that were still with here at the moment: toga and the other one with seemingly slight anger issues.

"I-I don't mind!!", eri immediately answered, to which mikoto's face had contorted into an awkward expression.

the journey certainly wasn't fitting for a child, and plus, she herself was never good with children — in her opinion at least.

"I suppose it'll be fine, but make sure you don't get into any trouble", mikoto kindly warned.

eri nodded with a small smile — so tiny that one would've mistaken it for nothing.

mikoto gently patted the girl's head, as she turned around to see how the heavenly people were holding up.

it was to no surprise that the demons were winning, though that didn't stop the blonde tennin from trying his best to kill them all.