3

───

───

     mikoto collected many rocks, as she found her way back to the forest, where she knew many birds would be resting on the branches of the trees.

     "huh? it's you again", the woman hummed, noticing that the fox was still there from this morning.

     the turquoise-eyed demon slowly opened its eyes, wondering why the woman had come back.

     'is she here to kill me to satisfy her hunger? I knew humans were full of shit'.

"I'm not here to kill you", mikoto mumbled, as if reading the fox's mind.

"oh look, my prey's here", mikoto smiled, skillfully throwing one of the pebbles at the bird, as she collected the warbler.

the nine-tailed demon continued watching mikoto repeat the action several times, sometimes even downing two birds with one stone, as she quickly reached sixteen without much hassle.

     though she did not kill the birds, fifteen of them were locked up in cages.

     the woman then dropped one in front of the fox, catching him off guard.

     "dinner", she simply stated, scratching the back of its ear once more, as she stood up to leave.

     the fox stated at the wounded bird, hesitantly biting into it, as it's been a while since he's eaten.

digging into its flesh, the nine-tailed demon licked its lips in satisfaction, feeling better already.

'I should be able to move after resting tonight'.

     mikoto had completed her task, as the man who owned the birds has never felt more merry

     "y-you actually got the birds!"