Chapter 18: The Date

She wore a purple velvety dress that met her thighs along with fish nets and combat boots. Her earrings glimmered under the fluorescent lights of the bar and her raven black hair rested perfectly on her pale shoulders.

    "Hello, darling." She greeted. She sat herself on the stool beside you and took your hand to kiss. You blushed at the curtesy and tucked a misbehaving hair behind your ear.

    The night started slow. Small talk was made. The basic and boring conversations that made dating seem less endearing. Lilly didn't seem to mind the less than interesting topics you managed to bring up.

    "So you live in Avengers Tower?" She asked you after 30 minutes of the exchange.

    "Yeah, it's really fun there. Lots of drama." You responded. She chuckled lightly at your response and took a sip of her wine.

    "I bet, especially with all those egoistic cishet men." She joked.

    "Yes! Tony is practically a child." You agreed. The conversation continued on. With each passing minute, she grew more and more attached to her phone. Furiously typing every couple of seconds.

    "Is everything okay?" You interrogated. She only nodded and continued to type and scroll on her phone.

    After an hour more of this behavior she finally spoke up, "Look, I don't think this is going to work out. My ex wants to get back together." She gave you a weak apology and left within a couple short seconds.

*

    You trudged back into the tower with your heels in your hand and your makeup smudged down your disappointed face.

    "Dove, whats wrong? What happened?" Wanda ran from her spot on the couch over to your slowly approaching figure. Instead of responding, you grabbed her wrist and teleported straight to Loki's room; where he was sitting and reading like usual.

    "Darling, I don't know how many times I've had to tell you, stop tela- what happened? Are you okay?" Loki looked up from his book and rushed over to you and Wanda.

    "The date was going fine but after thirty minutes of talking she started to pay more attention to her phone and then she told me her ex wanted to get back together and left!" You explained through sniffles. Loki carefully rubbed your back as Wanda handed you tissues and cleaned off your makeup.

    "Here, get comfortable. Tonight is all about you, we'll binge your favorite show and eat a crap ton of Midgard snacks!" Loki exclaimed and handed you one of his hoodies and a pair of shorts. You sighed and sent him a weak smile before tiptoeing over to his bathroom to change.

    "I promised Peter and Pietro that I'd hang out with them tonight. It will just have to be you and Y/n." Wanda lied. Before Loki could call her out, she escaped from his room and down the hall. Shortly after her leaving, you exited the bathroom to see Loki sitting by himself, navigating the confusing tv.

    "Where did Wanda go?" You asked and sat down on the couch next to him. He queued up your favorite show before leaning back and responding.

    "She had plans with the boys." He told you. His arm snaked slowly across the couch behind you as he adjusted his seating. You felt your cheeks grow hot. To hide your blushing, you pulled your knees up to your chest and buried your head with a yawn.

    "Are you tired, love?" Loki inquired, concerned. His new pet name slipped out but you barely heard it over the loud noises of the tv in front of you. You removed your face from your knees and shook your head in response.

    You munched on whatever snacks Loki conjured up. The both of you seemed to be fans of Twizzlers and popcorn. After a few hours the show had come to an end. You missed it though. Around the end of the second season, you had fallen asleep..on Loki's lap. At first, he was alarmed and afraid of waking you but eventually he warmed up and began running his fingers through your hair.

*

I woke up at 2 am, I have no energy

I woke up at 2 am, I have no energy. But here is a new chapter!

Olivia <3