sixteen. pressure test

Začať od začiatku

"Shit," Theo mutters. His head falls back against the caged door. Luna opens her eyes in time to see a man walk out from between two shelves. She recognizes him. Schrader from Eichen House. Her face immediately contorts into a scowl as she remembers him calling her hair abnormal. The ex-orderly is quiet as he steps over to the chair that holds the taser. He grabs it as well as the remote type of thing with the buttons. He watches each of them closely before turning a dial on the remote slightly. Without warning, dangerous amounts of electricity courses through her body. She can't stop the growl from releasing at the back of her throat. For just a second, Schrader gives them a chance to catch their bearings before shocking them again.

"I'm not gonna tell you anything," the boy at the end tells Schrader. The older man extends the taser in the boy's face.

Schrader says, "I don't really have any questions." He tasers the boy making him groan loudly. Luna's taking deep breaths to calm her body back down. She can see that Schrader is enjoying what he's doing as he walks over to the girl. "I don't have any questions for you either."

The girl growls and says, "Good."

Schrader uses the taser on her as well making her scream.

"Stop! Just stop," the boy says.

The girl tells Schrader, "We're not afraid to die."

"Does that go for everyone here?" Schrader asks.

Without missing a beat, Theo says, "Not me." Everyone turns to look at him. "No death. No pain. I'll tell you anything you want to know."

Schrader also doesn't miss a beat as he tasers Theo right after he finishes his statement. Luna can see Theo grind his teeth as he takes in all the pain. Anger shoots through her as she glares at Schrader.

"I don't have any questions," he states once again in Theo's face. He turns to Luna, face only a few inches away from hers.

"Personally, I'm not afraid to die, but I don't prefer it, ya know?" Luna says with a shrug of her shoulders. "And, don't worry, I know you don't have any—" She's interrupted by being tased right in her abdomen. "—questions."

As she's hunched over just a little bit, she glares up at Schrader through her eyelashes.

"Okay," Theo starts. Luna could hear his bitten back anger through his heavy breathing. "Maybe you have some unfinished business with these two losers. But we're not with them." Schrader puts his taser down on the floor in front of them. "I-I don't know who they are, or what they did, or what their problem is. We're not apart of it."

The older man picks up the bucket that she saw earlier as Theo finishes his sentence. Before she can think, Luna is hit full force with the bucket of water as Schrader throws it over them.

Luna spits out the water that got in her mouth and says, "Theo, I don't think he really cares."

"Yeah, no kidding," Theo mutters. As Schrader walks past, he says, "That wasn't friendly."

"Glad I'm not wearing a white t-shirt," Luna says offhandedly. A thought crosses her mind, and she turns to Theo. His own white shirt is clinging to his upper chest and shoulders. She can see his muscles in his shoulders and imagines her hands running over it.

"Luna, seriously, not the time," Theo says after noticing her checking him out and shakes his head.

"Sorry. It's just been a while."

"Tell me about it." He side eyes her before turning back to Schrader who has taken a seat with the remote back in his hand. He gives them all time to catch their breath as he watches them. The girl begins to growl as she stares at him. Both her and the boy's werewolf fangs are protruding out of their mouth while Luna and Theo were still in their full human form.