Chapter 2: Banishment & Flashbacks

Start from the beginning

"Come on, open it!" she said, excitement rolling off of her. "Its an early birthday present!" I opened the box, and gasped. It was an amulet, with the dragon symbol engraved into it. I took it out of the box and felt a small rush of energy flow from it and into my hand. It was clearly enchanted, and it held powerful magic.

"I love it mom!" I said, giving her a hug. "Thank you so much!"

"No problem kiddo", she replied, hugging me back. She then proceeded to tell my that it was indeed enchanted, what it could do, and how to use its power. I probably thanked her a million times because I couldn't say anything else. I knew that I would have to train and get used to using it and how it worked, but I felt confident.

As I was putting it on, a loud growl erupted from the trees, capturing both of our attentions. We whip our heads around to see 3 giant wolves walk out of the forest and into the clearing. Not just any wolves though. Rouge werewolves. Two wolves were roughly the same size, one with sandy colored fur, with percing yellow eyes, while the other wolf was a brunette color, with hazel brown eyes. But the larger wolf was the scariest, with grey fur and deep, blood red eyes. Mom and I quickly stood, her making a fist full of ice in her hand, while I made a ball of electricity in mine. We were warning the rogues that we were mages, and that we were powerful. They didn't back down however. The grey wolf took a step forward, and my mom threw her ball of ice at it. The rogue dodged it, and pounced.

Trigger Warning: Blood, if you don't like blood, skip to this symbol *

Everything happend fast. Before either one of us could cast a protection spell, the wolf landed on top of her. It bit into her neck hard, blood gushing out of her neck. She tried to scream, but only blood came out of her mouth.

*

"NOOO!" I screamed, very high pitched. I then lifted the rogue with my magic, and threw it into a tree. I then quickly froze all 3 of the wolves in place making sure they wouldn't attack further, and ran to my mother's side. Her eyes were closed. Her wound was too deep, and she had lost too much blood. Not even magic could save her now. She was gone. Tears streamed down my face as I looked at her pale, lifeless body. I began to scream. From anger, pain, loss, and grief. As I was screaming, my eyes glee dark purple as I began to summon a lightning storm. Lightning crackled in the sky and thunder erupted, sounding like an atomic bomb. I screamed again, my focus shifting to the rogues. I slammed my fists on the ground, and 3 bolts of purple lightning instantly came down and struck the wolves, turning them all into ash. I cleared the storm and took a deep breath. I felt drained. I had never used such powerful magic in my life. Using the last bit of my strength, I teleported my mom's body and I to our house, right outside my dads office.

I furiously knocked on his door. He opened it and his expression changed from annoyance to shock and grief in 2 seconds when he saw my mother's dead body.

"What happened!?" he asked, shouting. I told him everything that happend, from when she gave me the amulet, the wolves appearing, and her dying and me killing them. After I told him everything, he clung onto his wife's body, small but very mournful sobs escaping his lips.

End of flashback

Ever since that day I've hated werewolves. I didn't want revenge, I wasn't a vengeful person, and my mother never would have wanted me to go off killing innocent werewolves just to avenge her. I just didn't want any thing to do with them.

"6 MINUTES LEFT FAG!" my fath- the First Enchanter, bellowed from below, snapping me out of my thoughts. I quickly snapped my fingers and food a appeared on my bed, mostly snack stuff like granola bars, water bottles, and stuff like that. I stuffed it all into my bag along with the picture. I grabbed a pillow and a blanket. I grabbed all 8 of my spell books. 7 for magic, the other one for alchemy. I put my amulet on and summoned my staff. I tried to lift my bag but it was too heavy, the books being the main cause. I quickly put a spell on the bag and its content to make it lighter. Then I threw the duffel over my shoulder and teleported to my front door.

"Times up!" my da- the First Enchanter yelled. "Now, GET OUT!"

I sighed, opened the door, and stepped outside. I began walking to the forest, using my staff as a walking stick. I walked through the forest for around an hour until I reached the border of our lands. As I stepped over the border I felt a wave of peace wash over me. I let out a sigh of relief. I was finally free!

To be continued

AN:What did you think of that flashback? Pretty sad right? 😭 Poor Max...

Please comment, vote, and follow!