{2}

—Y/N—

I approached my building and slipped in the keycard.

Damn, a lot just happened in the span of like, 15 minutes.

Met two people I'm never gonna see again, and they're both not scared of me.

I hadn't processed the way Kazuo acted till now, either.

He wasn't scared of me, which is weird. With how much he shook in fear at the thought of getting beat up, I would've thought that he'd have passed out right then and there.

But that definitely wasn't the case. I even walked the poor thing home as he was scared shitless to do anything by himself.

Great.

Once I was cleared to enter, I walked into the mailroom, lined with mailboxes filled to the brim with who-knows-what.

There's some letter I was supposed to get in the mail, but it could take longer than I expe—

A tap on my shoulder brought me out of my train of thought.

I turned to see a young woman, probably late 20s, with a set of bodyguards.

"Y/n Takao... we finally meet."

"Am I supposed to know who you are?"

I raised my eyebrows while looking up from my mail.

The woman only laughed. "You shouldn't. I'm Moriko Tsugi of Riko Productions. And I want you to be my competitor for the Kengan Annihilation Tournament."

Ah, nice. Some underground tournament where you fight to the death illegally, I'm assuming. My Mother and Father did something like that years ago.

"If I were to say yes, what would I get out of it?"

"Money. I wouldn't come to you if I didn't think you could do it."

I closed my eyes and huffed. "I have nothing else better to do. Sure, I'll be your competitor."

Tsugi sighed in relief and took out a card from her pocket.

"I'm glad. Please call me Moriko. Meet me here tomorrow to discuss what's going to happen, hm?"

"Sure. One more thing. Is this another fight where I have to hold back?"

Moriko smirked and shook her head. "Not at all."

"Then I'll see you tomorrow."

———

I stepped into the building that Moriko told me to meet her in.

Nogi Corporation (Group).

I expected something different from a pristine skyscraper.

There was a lot of bustle and staff when I walked in— the secretary seemed to notice me immediately and smiled with pearly whites.

"Ah! Y/n, it's a pleasure to meet you. Welcome to Nogi. Where you need to be is the top floor with the big boss. Everything will be explained!"

I thanked the woman and followed her directions.

This all must be a disguise for what really happens in this company. You would have never guessed.

I stepped into the elevator and sighed when I looked at the many, many buttons on the left side. My eyes fell on the golden one at the very top.