"I was." Derek says, causing Kota to jab her elbow back to him, "But he didn't do it." Kota quickly said, "He's a great guy, daddy. And I really really like him." Kota said as she backed up to Derek wrapping her arms around his waist. "It would mean everything if you would approve."

Derek struggled to wrap his arms around Dakota as he kept smiling at her parents. "Door stays open." Michael says with a sigh, "I'm not saying I like this but no more sneaking in. Just keep the door open." Michael says before walking away.

"What are you two doing tonight? I would like to go out to dinner with you both." Daphne says. "I'm - no we're going to Lydia Martin's birthday party but first we're going to hang out with our friends. Other friends. You don't know them." Dakota says.

"Kota, don't wear the cherry dress." Daphne says before walking away.

Kota and Derek walk back to her room as Derek turns to her, "I told you nobody likes that dress."

🦎

"Where are you going dressed like that?" Isaac asked as Dakota and Derek walked into the subway station. Dakota was dressed in a simple red dress, "Lydia Martin's birthday party." She answered, "I was invited."

"So you get to go out?" Erica asked, "That doesn't seem fair."

"It's because Dakota knows how to stay in control. You learn, then you get to have freedom." Derek says handing Dakota car keys, "Don't mess my car up." He said. Kota smirked as she grabbed the keys, "No promises."

Isaac runs over to Kota dragging the girl away from the pack. "You said you would help me." Isaac says causing Dakota to sigh. "I did. But I need to talk to Scott, so I'll go there first and if you guys didn't murder each other yet or Derek I'll be back. An hour tops."

"Why do you need to talk to Scott?"

Kota fidgets under Isaac's stare as she plays with the end of her dress, "We kissed." She mutters. "Before he left to go stop Argent, I kissed him. For luck." Isaac holds back a chuckle as he nods, "For luck."

"For luck."

"So why did I get a text from Henry saying that he overheard your parents asking how long you've been dating Derek Hale?" Isaac asks her, raising his eyebrow. Dakota opens her mouth but quickly shuts it pursing her lips. "I can explain everything." She says but after a moment of silence, "I cannot explain everything."

"Have fun." Isaac says humming. "Don't kill anyone." Kota says as she walks away, "I kinda like you guys."

🦎

Dakota stood around Lydia's house with a cup in her hand that was shoved from the birthday girl. The party was empty. No one was here besides a few stragglers and her. She didn't even spot Allison, Stiles or Scott yet.

Kota took a sip of her drink as she turned around to walk back inside to find Lydia when she ran into somebody or two somebodies. "Kota?" Stiles asked as she backed up. Scott's face went rigid as he stared at her. The two haven't talked since after their kiss and Scott couldn't stop thinking about it.

He told Stiles and he felt some feelings come back up that he tried to push down but Scott couldn't explain it. He felt something for someone other than Allison and that was terrifying for him.

"I didn't know you were invited." Scott says to her. Dakota bites her lip as she crosses her arms, "Invitations aren't usually sent out for Lydia Martin's birthday. Though I was invited last year." She says, "Were you?" She asks them.

"Have you seen Jackson anywhere?" Stiles asks, avoiding Kota's question. "No. Seen Allison?" Scott asks the two. "No but we should probably tell her what we found."