Shape Shifted

Dakota stares outside her window to see the rain beating down in Beacon Hills

Dakota stares outside her window to see the rain beating down in Beacon Hills. Sighing, she flips the page of her book as the sound of rain calms her down. Her recent adjustments still feel awkward to her. She feels like her skin is too tight, it almost seems foreign to her. But after she continued grilling Derek about being a werewolf, she learned that most of them have an anchor. Something to keep her human.

It seemed easy to think of a few. One was obviously her brother Henry, Dakota would literally give up everything just to keep him happy. Two would be Isaac that just made sense. Three, that's where Dakota would rather not talk about. It was her ability to love. Having that comfort of love whether it be family, friends, or someone that makes her feel the most.

Just as Dakota was about to doze off, the sound of knocking disturbs her. Shooting up in her bed she looks out to her balcony spotting Isaac, drenched. "Iz?" She mutters as she opens the doors, "What are you doing here? Why didn't you call me?" She whispers.

The boy doesn't answer as he starts to shiver. "Oh come in. I can get my-" "No!" Isaac grabs Dakota's hands as he follows her in. "You can't get your dad Kota. No one can know I was here."

"Isaac, you have to tell me what happened to you."

"Something, something killed my dad." That shut Dakota up real fast. "We got into a fight and he saw me heal so I ran but he chased after me. Then something - something killed him. I'm just not sure what it was."

Isaac sinks to the floor as he pushes his hair back, "Oh god. Kota, what do I do?"

Dakota takes a second to think as she kneels down in front of her best friend. She feels sorry for the boy as he looks and sounds terrified. Yes, she knew of the abuse but Isaac would never let her talk. One time she did and her mom listened but she said the cops couldn't find anything.

Isaac came to school with a broken wrist the next day.

"Let's go to Derek." Dakota says softly, "He's our alpha, right? So he has to take care of us. Maybe he knows something that's out there."

Dakota helps Isaac up leading back outside, "Put your bike in my car, you should stay with Derek tonight if you don't want anyone to know. I'll meet you outside in five minutes."

🦎

Dakota took the lead as her and Isaac ran down the steps to Derek's new underground training area, an abandoned subway station. "Derek? Derek?" Both teens yelled as they searched for their alpha.

"What's wrong?"

"My dad. I think he's dead." Isaac tells him as Dakota grabs his hand in support. The two betas stare at Derek with his eyes shining bright red. He walks towards them with worry in his eyes, "What did you do?"

"That's the thing. It wasn't me."

🦎

Dakota tapped her foot nervously as she sat on the bleachers. She hasn't talked to Isaac since she dropped him off at Derek's last night. She was just glad that her father was asleep and so was her brother.