Chapter 8

Naruto sped up, the other shinobis in the mission following her behind.

They better get back to Konoha soon to relay the message from their counter to the man. While the others didn't know who it was, Naruto does, one of the reason why she was running in auto mode.

She was still in shock and felt numb by the man they had encountered

Sasuke Uchiha. Sasuke damn Uchiha is alive!

Alive...

Alive and f*cking the ass run away from her!

HER!

How many times does the teme have to run away from her before she had enough and tie him with her Uzumaki chains so that he won't get away again?!!

Gritting her teeth, she didn't notice that her sky blue eyes turned blood crimson red with slits even behind the dried tears. Fortunately for her, Sakumo was the only one who saw since he was the one in front and the others was behind Naruto.

'What is....?!', Sakumo was, for the better word, startled from the small demonic chakra he almost didn't felt coming from Naruto, and the eyes too.

Pursing his lips, Sakumo brushed it off..... for now at least.

'Hokage-sama might know more than he lets on', Sakumo though to himself. Maybe once he had finished his report and making sure his current teammates were in the hospital, he will get his answer from the Hokage.

>> 10 Hours Ago <<

After interrogating the captors, Sakumo had called a nearby ANBU to take them away for further investigating.

After sending them off, the team rested at a nearby village with an inn and an onsen. Something that the women hoarded off.

A sigh of relief was out of Naruto's mouth as she sunk on the hot water, feeling the relief it gave her body from all of the moving and fighting a few hours ago. "Now this is the life", Ohkami breathed dreamily on Naruto's other side as she opted to join Naruto.

"I know", Naruto agreed.

'Ugh', Kurama let out a disgusting sound from the back of Naruto's mindscape, 'I don't see how you hoomans¹ find this relaxing. It's itchy to the skin and hard to dry off.'

'That's because we humans', Naruto emphasized, 'Have no fur.'

Kurama gave one last scoff before staying quiet once more.

It took over two hours for the women to deem it enough relaxing and join the men for lunch. Sitting across Sakumo with Ohkami sitting beside her, Naruto's eyes sparkled when she saw the miso ramen in front of her.

Oh kami, three days without ramen was killing Naruto during the mission. She forgot to restock her sealing scroll for ramen.

"Who's the gentleman that ordered this wonderful food for me?", Naruto's face was dreamy as she slurped the noodles.

Amusement danced on the faces of Kazuma, Hideki, and Ohkami when Sakumo lets out a nervous laugh. "That would be me Naruto-san", the silver-head said.

If possible, Naruto actually has hearts on her eyes as she looked towards the Leader of the mission, "Oh Sakumo-san. If you didn't have a girlfriend, I would've kissed you already~", the blonde cooed at the end.

The Hatake's eyes widened, his face flaming red from embarrassment. When his other three teammates burst out laughing, his face, if possible, turn even redder.