Hunter was really amused by his reaction while Emilio was looking between Drew and Hunter.

Something was wrong but what ?

"Go back, Hunter." Emilio said. Hunter totally ignored that, he moved forward and stood next to Drew. And it was then that the smell hit me.

He had a lingering smell of Jake on him with a hint of sex.

"How have you been, D?" His voice laced with sweetness. Drew kept quite, he was just watching him. Then another shadow emgered from the woods.

Jake Parker.

Jake was standing awkwardly near a tree, wearing a shirt a size too big for him. Everyone's attention was on him as he stood there. His focus was solely on Hunter and Drew. If Drew was bothered before he was wounded now.

"Jake, sweets. Come here and greet you mate." The word mate sounded foul when he said it.

Marcus stood next to Drew to show he was not letting him do anything. Batheny and Quinn were standing just behind us while Zara and Kally were trying to escape. Their movements were silent and eyes were sharp for any danger. For now it was only Hunter and Jake, Emilio might not be a threat but he could not be trusted blindly.

When I noticed that Zara and Kally had successfully vanished in the dark, I fully focused on Hunter. For a beta Hunter is quite dumb or his whole mind is set to show off his relationship with Jake.

"I must say I am hurt and surprised to see you teaming up with them, Emilio." Hunter commented. He held Jake's waist in a strong grip, bringing him closer to his body. It was a show, a show just for Drew to see and feel the pain of cheating mate.

A quick look at Drew told me that it had the desired affect on him. He balled his fist, his eyes burning fire yet he refused to look else where. He was intently wqtching those two.

"Jake, you fucker. It must be really comfortable here, so comfortable that you stabbed us in back and ran here with him." Bethany was fuming when she finished. Jake flinched at her words ever so slightly which it didn't go unnoticed by anyone. Hunter growled at him as a warning which she returned with one of her.

I could feel that Norah's magic was wearing off. I was sure others were feeling the same, I tried to use our pack's mindlink. It was hard, my head started to hurt but I didn't stop all the while Bethany and Hunter were insulting each other. And Jake, he was trying really to not meet eyes with Drew who choose to stare at him blantly.

Did they forget we are in enemy's area?

::~ Marcus! We.... need.. to get out of h...ere before H..un...ter tried to pull any stunt or aler...t his pack. ::~

I suddenly felt dizzy after that. My vision went dark for a second but soon turned normal. Marcus gave curt nod hidden from everyone's eyes.

"Bethany, drop it." He ordered. Bethany pursed her lip tightly as not lash out at him.

"What? Not that she was lying." Drew scoffed.

"What did you say?" Hunter growled as he stared hard to intimidate. Well he tried.

"Exactly what you heard." He took step forward which made Jake to took a step back. I grabbed Drew's shoulder to stop him but he shrug it and stood straight. Hunter sensed Jake's discomfort so stood in between him and Drew.

We all were standing there, wasting our time when we should get out of here.

"You would probably like to take a step back." Hunter warned him but Drew wasn't even listening to him. When he took a another step, Hunter lost his mind and he charged at him. A ear piercing cry left Jake's mouth when Hunter shifted and lunged at Drew.

It happened so fast that no one could react. Hunter pinned down Drew as Emilio ran to their side. Marcus barked at us to ran back to pack but it was too late when more of BloodRain members merged from everywhere like they were just waiting for single, maybe they were.

Emilio cursed loudly when ordered his pack worries to stay put. Clearly he was buying us time to run and I was surprised when they did just that. Bethany and Quinn wasted no time to dash. Quinn grasped my wrist but I can't move a inch. I can't left Drew here so I marched to him and kicked Hunter in the back. He rolled over and tried to get his breathing under control. Drew was laying there, breathing oddly and staring at his god damn mate who by the way was ready to pass out.

Jake was crying, for a second I thought he was so pained because Drew so badly injured but no. He crouched down next to Hunter. Drew stood from where he was laying with my help, Marcus glared at Hunter as he let Drew to lean into him for support. I glanced around to see if Quinn and Bethany had safely made out of here, I sighed when I didn't see them.

"I am going to kill you today, Drew." With that Hunter shifted and growled loudly.

_____________________

Thank you so much for all you who voted and left a comment. Thank you so muchʕ•ٹ•ʔ.

Also, I am not planning to write any smut in this book. If this is what you are looking for, sorry to disappoint you. So it would be really grateful if you could remove this from you smut reading list.

Please leave a comment or vote.