Chapter 1

(EDITED)

I am Eliza Laney Moore. I have annoying dirty blonde curls that reach my butt, bright green eyes, and perfectly shaped lips. Oh, and I'm a kickass werewolf. I'm only seventeen, though, therefore, I haven't found my mate. Yet, my birthday's in a few days. Once I'm eighteen, I'll find my mate. Let's hope he's a cute guy. I know fate brings people together somehow. Cue laugh. Okay, yeah, I'm a bit odd. But still, my mate will love me for being weird, right? I mean, if we're mates... We'll just have to see. Cue sigh.

Yup, I'm definitely weird.

....

....

....

I sat down with my tuna sandwich in my hands, about to take a bite when someone knocked it out of my hands. One of my small group of friends, Mia, who was also a werewolf, jumped up in alarm. I looked up to face the person who had whacked the deliciousness out of my hands. Dark brown eyes met mine, and instantly, I knew who it was. "Jerk!", I cried, standing face to face to the blonde boy. He smirked back at me. "Oops. Sorry, Ms. Moore.", the boy said, but clearly, he didn't mean it. A growl formed deep in my throat. "Come on, Jackson, you know you don't mean it.", Cassidy, who also was a werewolf, said behind me.

Jackson kept the smirk on his face as he walked away towards his table, the popular boy's table. "What a jerk!", Macie cried, who was in my group of werewolf buddies, said. Okay, let's get one thing straight. I have three friends...Macie, Cassidy, and Mia. All my friends were werewolves. Macie, with her short straight black hair and light brown eyes, was our geek. Cassidy, who had long frizzy red hair and electric blue eyes, was our sass-talker. Mia, who has average light blonde hair and hazel eyes, was our hottie. Then there was me. I already gave you a description, now all you need to know is that, not only am I my group's weirdo, but my class's weirdo.

I rested my head against the table, listening to my starving belly rumble. "Ugh, here Eliza, take my Cheeto puffs, I don't want 'em.", Cassidy said, throwing me her bag of Cheetos. My eyes lit up as I grabbed the bag, tearing it open. I saw my friends' eyes roll. As I chewed my Cheeto puffs, I heard laughter coming from the popular girls' table. I turned to look, my inner-wolf becoming angry as I saw the popular girls looking this way. "Now what are those people up too?", I growled, my friends following my gaze. "I don't want to know.", Macie squeaked, flinching at their hateful, yet humored glares. "Mace, you're such a big baby.", Mia said, giggling. Cassidy smiled at the joke, but Macie just frowned. I ignored them, narrowing my eyes at the girls, who stared back at me, clearly laughing. Their leader, or so I thought of it that way, Clara, got up and walked over to our table. Mia shut her mouth and watched as Clara, neat curly blonde hair with blue streaks, ocean blue eyes, and designer clothes, walked over. Cassidy's smile disappeared, and Macie's expression stayed the same. "Hey, losers.", Clara said. "What are you staring at, huh? I bet you stare at us 'cause you wanna be us." I looked for some snide remark in my head, but Cassidy beat me to it. "You think your so pretty?", she sneered. "You and your friends are so ugly, that's why you wear so much make up! You look like a clown!" Clara frowned, walking back to her table.

I kept my eyes narrowed as she went to join her friends, who were now sneering at us. Mia stuck her tongue out at them and they all gasped, huffing and stomping their feet as they did. Served them right.

Oh, did I forget to mention that Jackson was a werewolf, as well as our freaking Alpha?! Well, yea, he is, and all I want to do is beat him with his own amount of pride, that little-

Mia snapped her fingers in front of my face, interrupting my dark thoughts about the school's hottest guy. Or in my case, the school's hottest jerk. Hmph. I shouldn't even be calling him hot! He's picked on me and my friends since the first grade, over at another school, not this high school. I just can't stand his face, I'll-