Chapter 9

(EDITED)
It was a hot day. The day where I has to present my science observations. As I spoke to the sleepy and non-caring class, I couldn't help but lock eyes with Jackson from across the room. His eyes were blood red and were halfway shut, but I could tell he was awake and listening. Did I really cause that much damage?

As I finished up and turned to sit down, I sat in the empty seat next to him instead of next to Cass. She gave me an understanding look and smiled. Sitting next to Jackson was a big risk. The girls that surrounded him, not including Clara and her friends because she was banned to ever sit next to him again, threw me jealous and hatred filled looks. Some sneered, some giggled, whispered, and pointed.

Ignoring these snobby girls, I leaned towards Jackson and whispered, "What's wrong?"

Jackson threw me a lustful glance then looked back at our teacher. That was all I got. Huffing angrily and ignoring the many girls' snickers of delight, I poked him in the ear with my fingernail. He growled a bit, but didn't stir.

"Jackson, please talk to me.", I pleaded and he sighed heavily. Giving me the "Later on we can talk" look, he turned to listen attentively to our teacher. Sighing once again, I let my head turn to he direction of our teacher. But I still couldn't get my mind off of Jackson. He was like a heavy burdened tattoo in my mind. And he was badly hurt on the inside. Honestly, so was I. Having to reject your mate wasn't easy! Being rejected was harder. All I do, even if I haven't rejected him in words, is reject him. No kisses, no smooches, no mating, no marking, no touching, ect. Those are my rules. But I still felt like I was being unfair to my own mate.

...

...

...

Just as the bell rang and I turned to leave, a hand caught my shoulder. A strong hand. Spinning around and hoping it was Jackson, I was disappointed to see that it was one of his flirty goons. Jake was his name. He had ruffled black hair that didn't have trouble attracting girls, a button nose, freckles, and ice blue eyes that glinted in the sun and sent girls screaming to class.

"Hey babe.", he said huskily. "You look fine today. Want to skip class and have fun?"

Cursing, I gaped up at him. Oh, why did I have to wear my short shorts and half summer tee?! And plus, the makeup I put on was one heck of a boy killer. I wonder why Jackson hasn't noticed...

I was interrupted by Jake's sticky hot mouth crashing onto mine. One hand was on my butt and the other in my shorts. His chest touched mine, squishing my boobs.

I screamed as best as I could muster with my mouth entrance blocked. It was pretty scary. I could feel his little friend poking my shorts. Very bad. Girls started to stare in extra pure hatred, if that was even possible. Despite my attempts to scream, Jake just kept kissing me, begging for an entrance to my tongue.

Pulling away, I shoved him against the nearest locker and turned away to find Jackson, but strong arms clutched my belly once again.

"C'mon sugar." , Jake's husky voice said again. "You know you want it."

"Not from you!", I exclaimed.

He started to kiss my neck, but he never let go of me. Screaming out for help, the hallway girls just moved on, not caring. Suddenly a flash of brown hair whirled past me and Jake was thrown off me and against the wall of the end of the hallway. Looking frantically at the scene, I realized it was Jackson attacking Jake.

"Get your dirty hands off her!", be bellowed in Alpha tone.

Jake, on the other hand, was cowering in fear, his eyes an emotion of understanding as he looked at me then Jackson. He understood that we were mates. "I-I'm sorry man, I-I didn't kn-know.", he stammered helplessly. I watched as Jackson stood over his supposed-to-be friend, his hand raised over Jake's face and ready to strike. Instead of striking, though, Jackson lowered his hand and pointed to Jake. "Apologize to your future Luna!', he ordered. Jake nodded quickly and turned to me. "Luna, I'm very sorry.", he said clearly, fear still visible in his eyes. I nodded back, gesturing that he was forgiven.

Turning back to Jackson, Jake looked sorry and weary. "Alpha, what is my punishment?", he asked slowly. Jackson straightened himself and turned to him. "You may not visit the pack house for a solid year.", he stated firmly.

"Then where will I stay?"

"Anywhere but the pack house."

Jake nodded and got up.

"Yes, Alpha.", he said, and walked away.

I turned to Jackson, being out of my daze. "Thank you for saving me.", I said, smiling at him kindly. "But now I believe we need to talk."

"Yea, I know, I came to find you, but when I did, I saw you were about to be raped.", Jackson said shakily, mustering a small smile.

I smiled back and nodded. "Well, thank you."

"Your welcome."

"Anyways, um, I know I hurt you badly, but, really, I'm not very sure I can... you know."

"What?", Jackson asked, pain clear on his face.

"Mate.", I answer shakily. "I'm not ready, and I'm not sure if I'll ever be."

Jackson's face fell and he looked down at his feet. "Okay, but please, Eliza.", he said. "I just don't really know if you're still okay with the truce we made, are you?'

"I am. So I think it would be better if we stayed friends."

Jackson nodded and quickly walked away. I wasn't being fair to him or myself. My wolf was howling with want, pain, and emptiness. She was loveless, and no matter who I would be with she would only have eyes for Jackson. Even she would turn down the hottest guy that comes our way. And even she would turn down the man that would love us. Unless it was Jackson. She shared her mates pain and affection and I'm not sure why. I should've rejected him when I had the chance! Then I wouldn't have to deal with mates and all that love sick crap.

Turning towards the exit, I just didn't want to put up with school today. Jackson, boys that want to rape you, and glaring girls that absolutely hate you. Walking to my car, I got in and pulled out my cell, dialing Mia's number. She picked up right away, which usually meant she was worried or something was up.

"Elizabeth, where are you?", she asked calmly, which usually noted that she was worried.

I spilled out everything from class to now. "Oh my gawd, Eliza, if you're going home the girls and I are coming with you, wait right there."

She hung up before I could object and drive home alone. I guess that's what being friends is all about... Doing things together and objecting before you do it. At least, that's what I do.
...
...
...
As I got out of my car with my chicas following, I walked up to the porch of the pack house. It was odd how it was quiet. Usually the senior warriors or elders stated home to protect it...
"Oh my gawd, guys, did you hear that?!", Macie squealed. She was scared and I could see why. Well, more like hear. Well of course I heard that, it's pure quiet. Running inside, I shifted into my wolf, my friends following my lead. Their fur blended in with the dark house. Huh. Jackson should be here...
Then we heard the sound again. Crying. Running ahead of my friends, I came to the game room which was ruined. Furniture was everywhere, the cables and wires were torn apart, and there were little kids crying...
Wait, little kids?! I rushed over. There were about 20 of them, all of them about the age of 6, 7, 8, or 9. They all looked up, dry dears mixing with the wet ones. Sure, they looked frightened, because 4 very large female wolves were padding towards them.
"It's okay, kids.", I said through mind link."I'm from the pack. What happened here?"
Having said this, they all sighed in relief, peering at one another. Then one boy with short black hair and brown eyes stared up at me with confidence. He looked about 9 years old. "We were attacked by rogues so the other wolves went to go find the Alpha.", he replies.
"They left you alone?!", I asked shocked.
"No, they left two wolves to guard us but they both died.", a girl with long auburn hair and yellow green eyes spoke up. She looked about 7.
"And where are the rogues?", I asked cautiously.
"They ran away.", the same little boy replied. As I nodded my head, a swishing sound entered my ears and suddenly I was attacked by this muscular lump of brown fur. The last thing to go through my mind as I heard the kids screaming and my friends being attacked was: rogues.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLEASE COMMENT. I DON'T GET ENOUGH OF THOSE... ;)I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR VOTES AND READS AND I DON'T USUALLY DO LITTLE AUTHOR'S NOTES LIKE THIS, BUT PLEASE FAN ME! I'D APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH!!! XOXO

Love,
princessgem0404