Part 56. A Peek into the Future

Start from the beginning

Navya - Yeh sab humaari galti hai Nandini. Humein pata hi nahi chala jaundice ke baare mein. Humein usse pehle hi doctor ke paas le jaana tha. Doctor ne kaha ki agar uski tabiyat kal tak theek nahi hui toh uski jaan ko khatra hai. (All of this is my fault Nandini. I didn't realise he had jaundice. The doctor said that if he didn't get better by tomorrow, it could be fatal)

Nandini - Don't worry Navya. He will be fine. Doctors apna kaam kar rahe hai na. Woh bilkul theek ho jayega. Tum bas strong raho. Aur Mata Rani ko pray karo. Sab theek ho jayega.
(Don't worry Navya's he will be fine. The doctors are doing their job. He'll be fine in no time. You just stay strong and pray to god. Everything will be okay)

Navya - Agar Abeer ko kuch ho gaya toh?
(What if something happens to Abeer?)

Nandini - Kuch nahi hoga. Don't worry. And be strong.
(Nothing will happen. Don't worry. And be strong)

Navya - Hmmm.

Nandini - Tum ek kaam karo. Tum jaakar fresh hokar aa jao. Main tumhare liye fresh kapde lekar aayi hoon. Tum kal raat se yahin ho na? Yeh lo.
(Why don't you go and freshen up? I've got you a fresh pair of clothes. Haven't you been here since last night? Here, take these.)

Navya - Nahi. Hum yahaan se kahiin nahi jaa rahe hai.
(No. I'm not going anywhere.)

Nandini - Navya, listen to me. Yahaan baith kar hum kuch bhi nahi kar pas rahe hai. You have to think straight and stand like a pillar for Abeer. Aur iske liye you have to take care of yourself. Agar tum apna khayal rakhogi toh tum Abeer ka khayal rakh paogi. And for that, you need to freshen up, eat well and cheer up so you can give Abeer happy and positive vibes to recover quickly. Okay?
(Navya, listen to me. We are going to gain nothing by sitting here. You have to think straight and stand like a pillar for Abeer. And for that, you have to take care of yourself. Only if you take care of yourself, you will be able to take care of Abeer. And for that; you need to freshen up, eat well and cheer up so you give Abeer happy and positive vibes to recover quickly, okay?)

Navya didn't know what to say. And so she just nodded. Nandini handed her a bag full of toiletries and fresh clothes and a hand towel and asked her to go into the restroom. As soon as she left, Nandini turned to Cabir to ask him the current status as Navya was clearly not in the right state of mind.

Nandini - Hey. What happened so suddenly? Was he not well?

Cabir - He's critical, Nandini. Abeer ko jaundice relapse hua hai and this wasn't caught on time. Abeer ki skin pe symptoms bohot visible nahi the. Isiliye humein pata hi nahi chala. Woh toh Arjun aur Zoya, jo Abeer ko adopt karna chahte hai, unhone notice kiya aur unhone hi Doctor ko bulaaya aur hospital ki arrangements ki. Warna raat ke 11 baje doctor toh milta hi nahi aur aaj subah tak shayad aur late ho jaata.
(He is cricital, Nandini. Abeer has had a jaundice relapse and this wasn't caught on time. Abeer's skin didn't show obvious symptoms, so we didn't realise it. But Arjun and Zoya, who want to adopt Abeer, noticed it and even arranged for the doctor and the hospital. We couldn't have arranged for a doctor at 11 in the night and it would've gotten too late if we had waited until morning)

Nandini - Oh no. Poor baby. Doctor ne kya bola?

Cabir - So right now, the doctor has been giving phototherapy to Abeer since last night. But agar usse zyaada fark nahi pada, then we will have to find a donor and and do a blood transfusion. I hope aisa nahi karne pade. Kyuki humein shayad Harshad ko bulaana pade. Aur woh maanega bhi nahi. I mean I just hope we don't have to go down that road.
(So right now; the doctor has been giving  phototherapy to Abeer since last night. But if his condition doesn't improve, then we'll have to find a donor and do a blood transfusion. I hope it doesn't come to that. Because then we might haven't it request Harshad. And we know he won't agree. I mean I hope we don't have to go down that road.)