Nandini - Don't drive rash Manik. Hum sab hai yahaan to take care of everything. (We're all here to take care of everything)

Manik - Haan. Don't worry. (Yes. Don't worry)

Nandini - I'll see you soon. Bye.

Manik - Bye.

Nandini rushed to change quickly and packed a small bag with a pair of clothes and extra toiletries for Navya. They would come in handy if she had spent the night at the hospital and she would definitely not agree to go home, even to shower and change. As soon as she was done, she rushed down and told Chachi about everything, who also got very worried. However, before they could discuss any further, Manik's driver called Nandini telling her he was waiting outside her house and Nandini quickly bid a quick goodbye to Chachi and left.

Nandini reached the hospital and called Cabir to find out where she could find them and rushed there. As soon as she exited the elevator, she saw Navya and Cabir sitting on a bench outside the paediatric ward. She even recognised one of the couples Navya had interviewed for adoption over there. Had Navya decided to give the baby to them? She had no idea what was happening on the adoption front and she had no idea that Abeer was even sick as Navya had not told her anything. That's when it hit her. She had been a very negligent friend to Navya. Yes, the two of them had differences about a few things but Navya was going through a rough and a difficult phase in life and it was her responsibility to be there for her. Which she hasn't been doing lately. No wonder she didn't even bother calling her and telling her about whatever happened right now. Nevertheless, now was not the time to brood over what had already happened. She would be there for her whether she needed her or not. Cabir signalled her to speak to Navya as he was absolutely tired of giving Navya reassurance as nothing was getting through her. And maybe Nandini could help her instead. Nandini nodded and lightly placed her arm on Navya's shoulder and the moment she realised it was Nandini, she immediately gave her a hug and started crying.

Navya was feeling like the biggest failure on earth. She didn't deserve to be a mother at all. The last few days, Abeer had been feeling a little down. He had been sleeping a little too much and had not been feeding well too. Navya dismissed it as a temporary phase as the doctor had told her that some babies sleep more than the others and were moody about feedings. But what she didn't realise were Abeer's eyes and forehead and fingernails becoming a little yellow. Although, he didn't turn glaringly yellow, it was there. And Navya didn't notice it at all. It was only when Abeer's prospective adoptive parents came to visit him, like they have been doing since the last couple of weeks, was when they realised that Abeer might have jaundice. Navya had even tried convincing them that it was nothing and he would be fine, but they insisted that they get a checkup as they could clearly see a case of jaundice. Navya couldn't deny it as well since Abeer had not been eating well in the last few days and a doctor's visit wouldn't hurt them.

They had arranged for one of their best friends, who was a pediatrician by profession, to check Abeer late in the night and the pediatrician confirmed that Abeer had jaundice. And in fact, it was severe because he was not treated at the right time. When Navya told the doctor that Abeer did have jaundice right after he was born but it was very mild and it went away within a few days, the doctor was even more concerned. A jaundice relapse could be fatal. The doctor then advised him to be admitted into hospital immediately as they needed to treat Abeer immediately and keep a close watch on him. And since the doctor was associated with Breach Candy hospital, they had to get admitted in the same hospital. But unfortunately, this hospital was very expensive and Navya and Cabir didn't know where else to go that late in the night and hence, had no option to be admitted there as Abeer was really sick.

Nandini kept hugging Navya giving her the support she needed currently.

Nandini - Navya. Enough. Rona band karo. You can't be weak. (Navya. Enough. Stop crying. You can't be weak)

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें