i have a son thats your age but it didn't seem appropriate to bring him the first time meeting you though.

"oh yeah." you say, looking up at emiko with a blank look. "you said you had a son." you recall before looking at the boy who's smiling at you. "i'm guessing this is him?" you ask, scanning him up and down. "yes! this is riku, my son." she introduces.

"riku hebi. do you..by any chance remember me y/n?" riku asks, looking at you with hopeful eyes. you notice him look to the side so you also look to the side and that's where izuku happens to be standing. you see him look riku up and down with a slightly different look than usual.

looking back at riku, you let your mind take over your surroundings. 'so he's familiar with me too. where the hell have i met him before..' you think.

---

"are you okay? does anything hurt?" you ask, holding a hand out to the boy. with his eyes still wide, he grabs your hand. "i-i... uh... no, nothing hurts. i just was um.. caught up in the destruction." he lies as his body heats up. he was supposed to say he was injured and he curses himself out in his mind.

"very well then. does your head hurt? do you know your name?" you ask.

"u-uh.. yeah, i do." he answers, making you nod. "let's get you out of here. we're bound to lose oxygen if we stay in here any longer." you say.

before the boy can do anything, light dust starts to rain on you two along with tiny rocks. cracks form and the ground above and below you start shaking. the building starts to go down and before the boy can comprehend what's going on, he's outside with his back pinned to the ground.

"sorry. i could've made that smoother for you." you apologize. the boy's cheeks heat up as he looks at you above him.

---

"oh" you suddenly remember, looking up at riku. "you're that boy i saved back at the provisional license exam. i saved you from-"

"the collapsing building." you and riku finish in unison. "so you do remember. i'm glad." riku softly laughs.

"wait what?" izuku finally speaks and riku looks at him, his mind flashing back to that day.

shh my love. you'll be okay.

'i remember him too.' riku thinks as he keeps his eyes on izuku who looks at you. the subject changes and you're now back to the main topic, discussing the possible locations with your dad and emiko. while you converse with the two, izuku looks at riku who was already looking at him.

it's a stare off between the two.

gray eyes vs. green eyes.

riku looks izuku up and down, his smile gone at this point and turned into his resting face. once riku makes eye contact with izuku again, izuku's eyes slightly widen at the sudden change in his eyes. once izuku watches riku look at you again who's oblivious to the little stand off between the two, his eyes narrow deeply.

izuku isn't dumb.

he's already found him out.

making sure riku's looking at him, izuku wraps an arm around your waist, pulling you closer to his side. you don't obligate against him, letting your boyfriend do his thing while you keep your attention on your dad who's going through the list of locations. riku looks at izuku's hand that rests on your hip and slightly frowns.