Chapter 12: Fake Smiles

Start from the beginning

I pull away from him and grab my toiletry bag before going to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and do my skincare before fixing my hair and walking out.

I see him asleep.

You've gotta be kidding me.

I roll my eyes at the sight as I walk downstairs. I walk around and see that the house is empty. Walking to the kitchen I see a handwritten note.

I laugh at the note, this is for sure written by Xavier

I laugh at the note, this is for sure written by Xavier. I know it's not the girl's handwriting. Hunter would probably text me instead, and Jordan wouldn't even bother to do any of it.

I walk back upstairs to see the bathroom door closed, and the shower running. Along with the empty bed. So he's finally up.

I make the bed, out of habit. And walk back downstairs, and start cooking chocolate chip pancakes.

I tie my hair up, wash my hands and grab all the ingredients. I watched the boys put everything away, so I know where everything is. I start making the batter, and heat up the griddle.

I pour the pancakes on the griddle. As I wait for it to bubble I look for whipped cream. There is none. So I grab heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar along with some vanilla extract and pour that into a bowl.

They don't have an electric whisker, which is honestly so stupid.

I see Jayden walking downstairs, his hair is wet from the shower and he's shirtless like always.

Time to put those arms to use!

"You." I point. "C'mere."

"Why?" He says walking closer.

"Whisk this until stiff peaks." I hand him a whisk and pull him closer to the bowl.

"What the fuck are stiff peaks?"

"Just mix it." I say instructing it.

"Shoot! The pancakes." I scream running over to the griddle. I flip them, and thankfully they're perfect. I sigh, grabbing bacon from the fridge and heating it up in a separate griddle.

"Why are we doing this?" Jayden asks.

"You're just making whipped cream, calm down." I say flipping the pancakes.

"Look." I say plating breakfast. I smile at how perfect it looks.

I use the whipped cream and top it on the pancakes. He just goes on his phone as I plate the pancakes, fruit and bacon. I add some maple syrup on top and put it on the dining table.

"Look!!" I say pointing to it,

"It looks great," he says sitting down.

"See how wifey I am?" I joke.

"Sure." He says, "where are the others?" He asks, taking a bite.

"They left to get breakfast." I say.