Winter has been acting extremely weird over the past few weeks. She's not been as active but she's much more hungry then usual and she hasn't been following me around like she usually does. Winter keeps staying under the dining room table and refuses to move. She's made a den of blankets under there. I then heard a high pitch squeal come from the dining room. I dropped the invitation I was making, shot up to my feet and ran into the dining room.

Dining Room:

Winter was lying in her den under the table, whining and licking her stomach

Winter was lying in her den under the table, whining and licking her stomach. I moved the chairs out of the way so I could reach her. I crouched down next to Winter and she whined again and placed her head in my lap.
    "Shh. Its okay. What is it?" I said, desperately trying to stay calm.
Winter whined again and then started livking her stomach.
I delicately placed my hand on Winter stomach and felt around to see if I could figure out what was wrong. I suddenly felt something move. It felt like a nudge, almost like a kick.

It can't be.

I felt around and there was more nudges against my hand. Winter was panting and shaking. I grabbed my wand and conjured a mountain of towels.
    "Harry!" I screamed as loud as I could.
I heard is foot steps running down the stairs.
    "Kreacher!" I also called. 
Kreacher ran into the room.
    "Yes, mistress?" Kreacher asked.
    "I need hot water! As fast as you can! Please." I added at the end and Kreacher rushed to get it just as Harry ran into the Kitchen wand raised.
     "Ro! Are you okay? What's going on?" Harry said frantically.
      "I'm fine, just come here!" I said urgently.
Harry dropped down next to me. I held Winters head up moved slightly and motioned Harry to sit where I was. Harry did seeming extremely confused and worried. I placed Winters head in his lap and then quickly moved to sit by her rear legs. I looked between her legs and saw what I expected.
    "Accio towels!" I said and the mountain of towels flew towards me.
    "Ro, what's –?" Harry stared to say anxiously.
    "No time!" I said, cutting him off.
    "Kreacher, please, hurry!" I yelled.
Kreacher then came hurrying in with a bowl of hot water.
    "Thank you." I said absentmindedly as I took the bowl.
I didn't have time to get the room the the right temperature so these tells will have to do. I soaked a towel in the water and then dried I using the hot air charm so it was room. Just in time as Winter whined and lifted her tail. I held the towel ready as the first puppy came out. I wrapped it in the towel as I passed it over to Winter.
Winter lifted her head and began licking the puppy clean especially around its eyes and nose so it could see and breath. When the puppy was clean and wiggling, meaning it was breathing steadily I place by Winter, loosely wrapped in the small towel. This puppy was grey.
I grabbed another towel and repeated the process. In total Winter had six pupies. The second was a brown puppy, the third a light brown puppy, the forth a white puppy, the fifth a black puppy and the sixth was a light blond.
After the sixth puppy Harry and I lingered for a while to make sure the sixth was the last one. We also gave Winter a raw steak and water after she was done. I knew Winter was fine when she started wagging her tail and licking Harry's face.
    "How did this even happen?" Harry said as we watched the six puppies nurse from Winter.
     "It must have happened while she lived with the wolves in the Forbidden Forest during my last year at Hogwarts. Judging by the shade of some of the pups it must have been that black wolf."  I said.
    "What black wolf?" Harry said.
I told him what happened with the Lestrange brothers during the battle of Hogwarts and how Winter acted when the Black wolf was killed.
    "I think you're right." Harry said and we looked down at the puppies.
My heart melted at how cute they are and it practically soared at how happy Winter looked. She had been so sad for the past two months and now she looked so happy and content.
     "Harry . . . I know seven wolves will be hard to handle –" I started to ramble.
     "Ro, we're not getting rid off them if that's what you're worried about." Harry said.
I smiled in relief.
I wrapped my arms around his neck.
     "You really are amazing." I said quietly and we kissed.