The Princes Tale

Rosabella's Point of View:
I removed my hands from Snapes wound on his neck. Harry remained kneeling at Snape's side, simply staring down at him, until quite suddenly a high, cold voice spoke so close to us that Harry and I jumped to our feet, thinking that Voldemort had reentered the room.
Voldemort's voice reverberated from the walls and floor, and I realized that he was talking to Hogwarts and to all the surrounding area, that the residents of Hogsmeade and all those still fighting in the castle would hear him as clearly as if he stood beside them, his breath on the back of their necks, a deathblow away.

    "You have fought, valiantly. Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery. Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste. Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat immediately. You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured. I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you. You have permitted your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman, and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour." Voldemort's cold, high voice said, echoing of the walls as it finally faded away.

All the colour drained from my face and I quickly turned to look at Harry. Both Ron and Hermione shook their heads frantically, looking at Harry too.
    "Don't listen to him." Ron said
    "Don't even think about it! Voldemort doesn't keep his words. He's seems himself above such mundane things." I said fiercely to Harry.
    "It'll be all right. Let's – let's get back to the castle, if he's gone to the forest we'll need to think of a new plan –" Hermione said wildly and she glanced at Snape's body, then hurried back to the tunnel entrance.

Ron followed her.

Harry gathered up the Invisibility Cloak, then looked down at Snape. I waited for him. I did not know what to feel. I had despised Snape for so long but something felt so wrong. The only thing I knew for sure is that I felt shock for the way Snape was killed. I took Harry's hand gently and pulled him towards the exit.
We crawled back through the tunnel, none of us talking.

Small bundles seemed to litter the lawn at the front of the castle. It could only be an hour or so from dawn, yet it was pitch - black. The four of us hurried toward the stone steps. A lone dog, the size of a small boat, lay abandoned in front of them. There was no other sign of Grawp or of his attacker.
We suddenly then heard the patter of paws on the ground.

I looked up.

Winter was running towards me. I dropped to ground and hugged her tightly. I then noticed the rest of the pack of wolves that lived in the Forbidden Forest. I also noticed the bodies of some fallen wolves. They must of joined the battle after we entered the Whomping Willow. I quickly checked Winter over and she didn't seem hurt. Winter nuzzled her head against me. Winter followed the trio and I back into the castle while the rest of the wolf pack lay down to nurse injuries.

The castle was unnaturally silent. There were no flashes of light now, no bangs or screams or shouts. The flagstones of the deserted entrance hall were stained with blood. Emeralds were still scattered all over the floor, along with pieces of marble and splintered wood. Part of the banisters had been blown away.
   "Where is everyone?" Hermione whispered.
Ron led the way to the Great Hall. Harry and I stopped in the doorway.
The House tables were gone and the room was crowded. The survivors stood in groups, their arms around each other's necks. The injured were being treated upon the raised platform by Madam Pomfrey, Fiona and a group of helpers.
I was slightly surprised to see Fiona. Because of what happened to Lucas I'm guessing Fiona refrained from fighting but was helping treating the injured. I saw her hug Seamus tightly in relief, tears falling down her face.