Chapter 8

I walk out of the small room and proceed to walk to the table and sit back next to Mike. Why does Matthew have to be so damn frustrating! He makes me want to scream but kiss him at the same time. How is that even possible?!
"You took your time" Mike says as I sit back down.
"Yeah I got held up, sorry" he doesn't need to know that our boss thinks there's something going on between us. If Matthew wants to think that then so be it.
***
The rest of the meal went quickly, we had our main and dessert and now we were having a drink. We were took to the bar area and were allowed to sit and talk to anyone. This part of the venue wasn't invitation only so anyone was allowed in the bar area. I was sat at the bar with Mike drinking martini and lemonade while he was having a beer. A brunette haired girl came over to Mike and introduced herself as Mila. She seductively smirked at him and pushed her chest out even more as they spoke. I began to get bored watching her trying to pull Mike and decided to have a wander around the bar and see if I could find anyone to talk to seen as Mike had ditched me for the brunette. I stood drinking my drink when I saw Matthew across the dance floor talking with two women and a man. Just as he looked over at me my attention was snapped away from him to a man next to me who had just said hello to me. He had brown hair and stubble and he was gorgeous. Not like Matthew gorgeous but gorgeous all the same. We got taking and both introduced ourselves. His name was Kieron, he was tall and had brown eyes. He offered to buy me another drink which I gladly accepted As my glass was nearly empty. We Walked back to the bar area and I noticed Mike and the brunette wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Matthews pov
I felt someone's eyes on me as crystal and I spoke to my closest friend and his current girl friend which will be different by next week. I looked up and funnily enough Lola's eyes were on me. Just as our eyes met her gaze was pulled away by Kieron who had approached her. Kieron was in fact my cousin. Normally Kieron and I get on really well and we never have problems but right now the only think I want to to is drag him away from Lola because I can tell by the way he's looking at her that there's a lot more than a friendly vibe. They both then walk off towards the bar. The raging anger I have towards Kieron right now is not normal. But he can't have Lola she's mine! Whoa where did that come from? Ugh! Matthew you need to get a fucking grip! The both face the bar and Lola's round backside is right in my view...I really need to stop looking at her ass. Just as I was going to turn my attention to the annoying woman on my arm, Kieron placed his hand on Lola's lower back and I nearly lost it. This is not normal for me, I don't do these type of feelings. I turned my face away from them and tried to get back into the conversation. This is going to be a long fucking night.

Lola's pov
Kieron buys me another martini and lemonade and we talk and get to know each other. Once we had finished our third drink together we both became completely comfortable around each other.
"You're beautiful" he says in a hushed tone.
"Thankyou" I say back and look down blushing.
"How would you like to go on a date sometime?" He asked
"I would like that" I smirk. He gets his phone out and passes it to me "here put your number in, I'll text you" he says handing me his iPhone. I hand over mine telling him to do the same.
"Right, I need to be going" he gulps the last mouthful of his drink and stands up.
"I'll be in touch" he says while bending down and placing a kiss on my cheek. "Bye beautiful"
"Bye Kieron" I smirk. I don't know why but I have a good feeling about him.