CHAPTER 22 - Of Zephyr against Oyster

Start from the beginning

I looked around hastily, searching for the only person who I knew was capable of doing this – King Orlon. But he wasn't there in the audience. Was he threatening Prince Nova, so as to sabotage his sure victory in the Conquest? Or was this all completely unrelated to the Conquest?

I chided myself yet again, for even pondering over this. Not my concern. Taking deep breaths, I calmed my furiously beating heart.

"Heavens! Why is she so amazing?" Rosa squealed from my left, as Lady Orella's magnificent blue dragon came into view.

My mouth opened wide, eyes bulged, as I watched Lady Orella striking her whip aimlessly in the air, and her beast, Oyster, swirled mid-air, pirouetting and landed with pure grace in one corner of the ring. The cat-like eyes of the Ice Dragon, were a deep cerulean blue. The dark navy-blue scales, dotted on its light blue skinny texture, made me want to grab a charcoal stick, and paint it.

Lady Orella in her blue attire, complemented her oceanic beast. Light golden hair, almost white-hued, tied in an intricate braid, dangled over her shoulder; a few small wisps flying out, adoring the pristine skin of her forehead. In that moment, I wanted to see her beautiful mermaid form, which she rarely adorned, unlike the Sagittarian King who flaunted off his House's superpower of turning into a Centaur all the time.

I watched as Lady Orella waved her hand at the crowd, and the people in the center of the amphitheatre, swayed the Winter Realm's Blue Flags, screaming loudest. The female Defensor was best of all at making the grandest of entrances.

Both the dragons, with their fierce-looking Defensors, positioned against each other, were a picture of sheer elegance and absolute terror.

Lady Orella saluted her opponent with a playful smile, and he shook his head with apparent amusement. But I sensed nevertheless, that their friendship was about to take a backseat, as the deafening noise of the gong being hit boomed aloud.

On cue, the enormous blue dragon let out a powerful gust of clear blue water, with a force so powerful that could create a flood. The loud bellowing noise that accompanied the water blast, made me cover my ears. It resembled the doors of a dam being opened. Prince Nova's dragon was hovering a little above the ground, defending itself with an equally matched hot air shield, the wisps of steam emerging from it, visible.

The blue dragon's water stream, loosened its force for a heartbeat and Prince Nova tapped his dart-flute on its dragon's head and their combined powers, gave birth to a cackling thunder overhead. I watched as the clouds above, darkened and a single bolt of silvery thunder light struck Oyster, and the she-dragon winced in pain, letting out an earsplitting roar.

Its hind legs gave way and it collapsed a little backwards. Lady Orella clung to her creature's mane; her expressions betrayed her fear. She must have felt the strike of the murderous thunder. My chest heaved up and down in sync to the cries of the blue dragon.

I squinted my eyes, as a huge black whirlwind, hit the amphitheatre. The wind blew violently and I clutched my scarf just in time before it flew off. My dark hair got in my eyes as I looked around - there was utter chaos as people fumbled to catch their belongings, that flew around with the force of the wind storm.

Prince Nova proudly seated on Zephyr, stepped out of the vortex of the dark grey whirlwind that he had just created, his movements swift and deadly.

Lady Orella and her dragon were swept away with the force, the creature had lost its sense of direction, floating aimlessly in the powerful storm. Right then, the Air Dragon took off, flapping its wings and flew in circles around the storm, where its rival was struggling.