Chapter 6: A past left unanswered

Imp

Imp was reading through the chronicles of magic, a book that was magical itself. It chronicled all of the past magic as they were created, from the time of its creation till present day. Among the collection of books that were stored in the Towers, this was among the most powerful.

This book explained in detail how to use the spells and what components where necessary, if any, to cast. Though most spells required things such as fax fur, few required none and these were more dangerous than anything this tower could offer. As Imp read through the chronicles he noticed a new spell being listed before his eyes. This was not anything unusual in itself, however, the unusual part was that the spell vanished as quickly as it was written.

Sitting up right, Imp stared at the page as the words began to form on the page only to disappear. When a spell is placed in the book, the creator of the spell has their name listed below. It would only take a moment longer and Imp would know who was able to deceive the magic in the book.

As the letters finished spelling out the name, Imp eyed the book speculatively. Imp closed the book and placed it on the table lovingly. His eyes shifting to the crystals that sat in the far corner for a moment before leaving the library.

The name that was spelled out on the page was the same person who trapped those who should be dead in crystals. Durak, a pyroniam that was long thought dead. He was said to have once been the most powerful magic user of all time and one of the few magic users that fought alongside Tyril in the second war of races.

This is getting interesting. Imp thought as he left the room, his mind racing as he tried to search for the answers he sought. I guess I'll just have to pay Durak a visit.

Scarlett

Scarlett flew on Amino's back, heading towards the "great" city of Whitewater. It wasn't that Scarlett doubted the city's reputation, it was just that she found it hard that any city could be great after the orc named Grall terrorized the world.

Not for the first time today, Scarlett let out a heavy sigh as she thought about her son. Rehan needed protection from his father, though he may be dead by now, Scarlett dared not check. At a rather young age, her uncle sold her to a wealthy aristocrat after her mother passed.

Scarlett had no love for the man and he had none for her. He wanted an heir to his legacy and only thought about how she could pass for human. Once, that's all it took.

He laid with her... No, that isn't the right way to say it. He forced himself onto Scarlett one night after dinner. Scarlett tried to fight back as she screamed and yelled for help, but in the end he got what he wanted.

A month later Scarlett found out she was with child and made plans to leave. Her brother was willing to hide her son while she worked to provide food for them. It was the best arrangement they could come up with, since her brother's green dragon was killed.

Scarlett shook her head and pinched her arm, quickly dragging her mind into the present as she stared forward. Amino turned his head slightly to glance at her, indicating his worry. With a small chuckle, Scarlett patted his back in reassurance.

Grodak

Grodak staggered out of the Shadow World and slumped onto his throne, he felt complete and utter disgust towards himself. He had abandoned a brother that he loved dearly just because he had broken a few rules of orcish warfare, yet here he sits breaking twenty a day. At least Grall could say that he did so in order to save lives, but Grodak... he wasn't sure if he could say much the same.

He had dedicated his very being to protecting those he cared for, yet somewhere along the way, he started becoming selfish and greedy. That was the last thing he wanted for his kingdom.