Chapter 5: Truths

Drillohiem

"Talengar?" Drillohiem stared at the specter in astonishment. If what he said is true, then Drillohiem was a God, and not just any God, he was Talengar the God of War and Honor. The very same God whom his uncle worships.

The specters watched Drillohiem carefully, as though they were watching a dangerous animal who could pounce on them at any moment. Jason, the leader of sorts for the spectors, looked nervous, as if he just gave bad news to a family and was waiting for them to lash out.

"I…" Drillohiem began to laugh, which further unsettled the spectors, "I can't be Talengar. Wreag is, or at least was, Talengar and he has all of Talengars memories where I don't."

"You are Talengar, though." Jason spoke with a calm and decisive voice that did not match his appearance. "If you weren't the God of war and honor, then there would have been no way we would have allowed you to enter."

"I'm telling you," Drillohiem's laughter stopped as he spoke, "I can't be-"

"For God's sakes!" Another spector who went by the name of Daniel shouted. "You are Talengar, even if you do not have his memories yet. Wreag wasn't born with the memories in his mind, he had trained for years before he even found out he was Talengar. Even after that he spent many more years meditating and searching his mind before he discovered Talengars memories."

"That's enough Daniel." Jason exclaimed, slamming his fist against the wooden table, sending splinters flying through the air. "We are not meant to interfere with the lives of mortals. We are here to only provide the information that was asked of us."

Drillohiem sat in his seat, pondering what was said as the two spectors bickering back and forth. A God? But how? Grall had once thought himself a God only to find the source of his powers were much more sinister. 

Is Drillohiem's "Godhood" also a source of such foul origins? Once the full power was unleashed, Grall couldn't control it. Will he end up the same as his father?

Drillohiem's mind raced and he was so deep in thought he hadn't noticed that the bickering had quieted down. When he had finally noticed that no one was speaking, he looked up to find the spectors watching him carefully.

"How do I control this ability?" Drillohiem asked, he had thought it to be a simple and small question. One of serious nature that the spectors would be able to provide an answer to. He did not, however, expect the spectors to burst into laughter.

"My boy," Jason said, wiping tears from his eyes, "being a God is not an ability. It is a part of you, just as your arm or legs are. As for controlling it, how would we be able to teach you something that we do not know."

Drillohiem was about to ask them how he might be able to learn and how he might be able to use such skills, but was interrupted by Jason, who held up his hand. "We do not know how to use such skills, however, there is one who does and he is closer than you think."

"Wreag." Drillohiem spoke his ancestors' name with respect and awe. He knew only of the greatest orc to have ever lived, but he did not know him. It was time to rectify this problem, but first, there was something he needed to do.

Grodak

Grodaks body began to fall suddenly and quickly. He hadn't time to catch himself and he cursed the damn halfling that claimed to be of his kin. Not even seconds before he had been thanking his lucky stars that his nephew had his back. Now though, Drillohiem, or whatever he called himself, had vanished along with Grodaks sword.

Grodak braced himself, ready for the snow covered pavement to collide painfully with his body. Seconds ticked by as Grodak sucked in a sharp breath and closed his eyes. Just when he was sure he would hit the ground, a strong arm caught him.