"One more thing." Micheal said as we walked back. "Cage is here."

        "Here where?" I asked, glancing around as if he was going to miraculously appear out of thin air.

        "In there." Micheal jutted his chin out to the waiting police car.

        "In there?" I pointed to the car, trying to figure out if he was joking or not.

        "Yes."

        "Um, no." 

        "I'm serious, November." Micheal sounded serious, for the most part.

        "No, you're kidding." 

        "I'm not kidding." 

        "Yes, you are." I argued back, refusing to believe Micheal. Cage couldn't be out here, he was at Delia's house...right? Of course he was. A bullet was just removed from his body, there was no way anyone who went through that was going to be out in this weather.

        "It's okay, November." Micheal shuffled through his pocket until he found an injection. Panicking, I slapped his ear and tried running away but he caught me by the back of my shirt. "Stop trying to run away, this isn't for you." I calmed down after he said that. "Heath asked me to inject Cage with this after he saw you. It's a sedative spiked with pain medication so Cage won't completely Hulk out on you. Would you like to do the honours?"

        Handing me the injection, Micheal walked back to the car. I stared at him in disbelief as Micheal slipped into the driver's seat. The windows were tinted so I couldn't tell if Cage was really in the backseat or not. "Wait, you're serious?" I squealed with incredulity. "What about the car?"

        From the window, Micheal imitated an explosion with his hands. Oh, of course. Just blow up the car. Hey, I guess it was easier than cleaning up all the blood inside. Holding the injection tightly, I pulled open the door and slipped inside.

        It turns out Micheal was telling the truth.

        Cage sat on the left side of the backseat, his eyes fixing me with a cold glare. The look of complete fury and downheart on his beautiful face made my heart sink. Micheal began to drive, his eyes travelling through the rear view mirror to give me a supportive look. When we were a couple miles away, Micheal pressed a button on his phone and a faint boom light up the rainy sky.

        I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what I could say to smooth things over. Obviously, my plan hadn't worked out. A small part of me, the very tiny part in the back of my mind where subconsciousness throbbed, knew that I didn't fight as hard as I should and that maybe I did let myself get caught. Quickly, I smothered those thoughts and fiddled with my sliced arm, trying to focus on anything but the way Cage's jaw was locked.

        There was a large rectangular bandage on the back of his neck. A small dot of blood peeked through the middle. I also noticed that Delia removed my cat-shaped bandage from Cage's hand and replaced it with the same white rectangle gauze.

        "Do it." Cage suddenly growled, holding out his arm to me. Micheal cast me another weary look. I bought the injection out and held it tightly, unsure of what was going to happen next. "Just inject me, November. Because-" He took a shaky breath. "-I don't want to hurt you. I'd rather leave you with bruises you want than ones you don't."

        "I'm sorry." I whispered, my voice cracking on the last word. It was the only thing I could manage to say out loud before the feelings overwhelmed me. Taking his arm into my lap, I carefully removed the covering from the needle and drained the liquid into Cage's forearm. He didn't even flinch as the needle went into his skin.