Chapter 71: A Hero

Start from the beginning

"Well, the enemy was strong, very strong!" She said dramatically and they gave awed 'ooh's'.

 "But he was having the wrong type of thinking. Revenge and hate. Lost hope in the positive." There were sympathetic 'aw's'. 

"But he learnt from his mistakes as he died. Stay positive, my little friends. Have hope for a bright future and work towards it. You all have the Will of Fire, don't you?" They yelled in affirmative.

Naruto grinned and stepped aside from the children. She was searching for two Hokage and the Uchiha Clan Head. Instead, she found herself with her peers from the Academy- Teams 7-10. "Yo Naruto! What's with the cloak?" Kiba asked and she rolled her eyes at his brash attitude that remained unchanged. "Why? Can't I wear what I want?" She retorted. "I'm sorry, but I need to see the Hokage." She said and gave them an apologetic smile before vanishing in a swirl of leaves. 

Naruto appeared before a weak Tsunade. She put up a barrier around themselves, allowing entry only to Shizune. She summoned Katsuyu, twice the size of a human, since the patient was Tsunade, who had depleted even the reserves of the Byakugou seal. Naruto used her own seal to heal the Hokage. They were lucky that it had only been an hour since she fell unconscious, else it would have been quite difficult to bring her out of coma. 

After four hours of healing with the help of Katsuyu, and Noriko at some point of time, Tsunade woke up, still looking her age and not like her younger self. This was the side effect of the Byakugou seal. When the user is extremely low in chakra, like Tsunade's current state and Mito's state when she was in her death bed, the true age would be shown, and sometimes, the user would look even older.

Naruto might not have anything to worry about now, but she had made modifications with the help of the scrolls in Uzushiogakure to prevent that. The process had been a dangerous one. After an hour more of healing, Tsunade looked much better, almost close to her normal state. The Hokage ordered for more food to return back to normal completely. She had stabilized Jiraiya's health and stated that he would be unconscious for more than a week.

Naruto spent the next hour catching up Sandaime and Godaime Hokage. She told them that she had been able to control Kyuubi-chakra till six tails, the level she had went to in the battle with Pein- a lie, but whatever. She also said she needed some more time to control the Bijuu chakra completely, when she actually wanted to spend time with the former Hokage who was waiting for her.

Naruto met Uchiha Fugaku as Mina. He had been busy looking after the clan members who were revived and who were injured. However, he had only too eagerly made time to spend with the girl he had grown fond of. They had discussed clan affairs with the village briefly, before going to other matters. 

Uchiha Itachi and Uchiha Izumi were no longer dating. This development was a year ago when he declared that he held no non-platonic feelings for her and she had set her heart out for someone else, that man being Shiranui Genma of all people.
[A/N: Not an original pairing, but please bear with me]

Fugaku was placated slightly when Sasuke had started dating a girl from their clan, Uchiha Kiyomi, a skilled girl around two years younger than him who had caught his interest.

Mina officially met Mikoto at the end of her meet with Fugaku. The clan matriarch had bluntly suggested if she would like to marry her eldest son though she was a couple of years older than him. [The disguise had to be considerably older than Naruto's original age when the negotiations with the prestigious were to be discussed. Who would listen to a mere seven-year-old?]

She greeted them awkwardly without responding to the offer and left a laughing Mikoto and a highly amused and smirking Fugaku.

Naruto avoided Itachi and Shisui on purpose. She had almost forgotten her conversation with her parents, but the talk with Mikoto had triggered her memory. Meeting Itachi now would be embarrassing until she settled her emotions. Having a goofy teasing brother- who also has the potential to kill or maim, depending on the mood- at the side, wouldn't help. She might want to meet Shisui alone, but those two were almost inseparable outside missions.