Trending

trending
/ˈtrɛndɪŋ/
currently popular or widely discussed online, especially on social media websites.
———————————————————————
My post has been up for a few hours now, and while there's so many likes and comments, I can't help but think about Jack's. What did it mean?

My mind was crowded, I was tossing and turning all night. When I finally got to sleep it didn't last long, when my alarm for the next day went off.
"Ugh" I rolled out of bed with a sigh and got ready to shower.

Once I was dressed and ready for the day, I turned on my phone to see hundreds of messages from Karl and my other best friend Emily.

'What is going on?' I thought to myself.

"Um y/n... WHY ARE YOU TRENDING ON TWITTER?"
"HELLO"
"ANSWER ME"
"WHAT IS GOING ON"
"WHAT DID YOU DO"
I didn't know how to respond. All i could think to say was

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M TRENDING ON TWITTER??"

I fumbled with my phone in my hand while I tried to frantically open twitter.
Emily was right. I am trending.

Oh god. What did I do. Oh no Oh no oh no. Am I cancelled?

My mind was racing and my head was spinning, what did i do?

I clicked on my name on the 'trending' tab and started to scroll. It wasn't long until I found the source of my name trending.

JACK MANIFOLD COMMENTING ON Y/N'S POST HELLO??? WHY IS NOBODY SAYING ANYTHING

Y/N AND JACK?????

EVERYONE LOOK AT THE COMMENTS ON Y/N'S POST RIGHT NOW

This was about Jack's comment.
what do i do? I thought to myself. Karl couldn't help me he was out for the day. My only thought right then was to message Jack about it. But before I could, I got a notification.

"Uh, hey. idk if you saw but um.... you're trending and it's my fault"

"Actually yeah, I did see. I was just about to message you. What do I do? I've never dealt with this before. Oh my god. What do I do. Oh my god. I'm screwed. This is it. I cant stream anymore. Everyone's only gonna talk about this oh no oh god."

"y/n....are you ok?"

"Um. yeah. maybe. maybe not. yes. yes definitely. ok fine. no"

"I'm gonna call you ok? Just calm down a little bit"

My breathing was rapid and I was shaking. I'm not used to this amount if attention at once. I tried to slow my breathing when I heard the discord ringtone. I made my way over to my desk and answered the call, my heart and my mind still racing.

Nobody said anything for a while until a soft "Hey" came from Jack's end. I managed to breathe out a small "Hi" back at him.

My first time speaking to Jack on the phone and I'm having a panic attack... great.

He could obviously tell I was growing more and more anxious when he said "Y/N, just listen to my voice. Don't worry about anything else right now just listen to me" I sat up in my seat and closed my eyes. I tried my hardest to drown out the voices in my head but it felt almost impossible.

"I- I can't" I said, while choking back tears. Jack let out a small sigh.
"Yes you can. You're gonna be ok"
A few tears gently fell down my cheeks and created small puddles on the top of my desk. I opened my eyes and took a shaky breath. Jack must have noticed.

"Y/N....hey...take some deep breaths ok? In.....and out......in......and out"
I listened as Jack guided me, and helped me slow my breathing. We were silent for a while, but it wasn't awkward, it was peaceful, calm.

"You ok?" Jack spoke gently and although I couldn't see his face, I knew he was smiling softly.
I took a deep breath. "Yeah, I am now. Thank you."
I couldn't help but smile. I felt safe with Jack. I felt at ease.
———————————————————————
A/N
hey besties :)
this ones kinda long but that's ok.

Anyway I don't normally put an A/N in my stories but I just wanted to say..... yes this chapter was an excuse to write Jack calming you down from a panic attack.

Anyway I hope you like the story so far!
ok bye! 😁