Wilted Flower - Yungi

Yunho + Mingi (Yungi)

- in which all Mingi needs is a savior

Mingi woke up unable to move.The events that took place the night before left him stuck in his bed. His face was clean but his chest was black and blue with gashes littering his once perfect skin. His legs were weak and trembling with various sized scars littering his young skin. His back, left welted from the impact of his fathers belt. Ringing in his head are the words he hears everyday of his life. Worthless. Waste of space. Pathetic. Mistake. He knows he isn't making it to school today and only hopes his father doesn't find out. It's a vicious cycle seemingly never ending. Or so he thought.

Yunho woke up that morning alone, but nonetheless happy. He knew his friends awaited him at school and was excited to see what the day would bring. He was dressed and out the door 20 minutes later. With a smile on his face he began walking, taking a different route than usual, not knowing that the quiet and peaceful neighborhood he was walking through held dark secrets and a trapped boy desperate to escape.

Yunho passed a small yellow house with a white picket fence that was growing the most beautiful red roses along the fenceline. He stopped, bending over to smell the sweet scent emitting from the flowers that hid the cry for help inside. He left not looking back at the house that held the boy whose life he would eventually save.

As Yunho left, Mingi lay paralyzed with silent tears streaming down his face. He didn't know the boy he saw outside his bedroom window and yet he envied his freedom. He hated how the boy could come and go as he pleased and he was stuck, always afraid of what would happen next. He had tried running once, but was only met with more pain and having nowhere to go he never tried again. So instead he remains bearing the monster alone afraid of its return.

...

Mingi's father didn't come home the day he saw the boy smell the roses and so he was able to attend class the next day without any new wounds. Luckily it was a cold day so no one would question his long sleeves and sweatpants. He arrived that morning mustering up every ounce of strength he had to plaster a smile on his face. He couldn't risk anyone finding out about the wounds because if his father found out someone knew there would only be more. Instead he held his smile and avoided others touching him. At least he tried his best.

Yunho arrived that morning a little flustered since he was almost late and ended up running straight into a boy knocking him over. Panicking he reached down to help him up apologizing profusely to the boy who could only laugh at his words. After assuring Yunho he was okay he walked away trying his best to hide the pain he felt. His efforts didn't go unnoticed, however, as Yunho had noticed his slight limp and shaking arms. But thinking nothing of it Yunho left as well.

Mingi had gone straight to the bathroom, locking himself in a stall as he began to gasp for air. With his hand grasping his stomach the silent tears had begun to fall yet again. When the pain had subdued to a mere ache he unlocked his stall stepping out to face himself in the mirror.

Yunho had a free period for study hall so he decided to use the bathroom before the lunch rush would crowd the building. He walked in and froze staring at the boy he had bumped into earlier.

Panicking, Mingi dropped his shirt and turned facing the boy who had seen his wounds. He had opened his mouth to speak but before he could get any words out Yunho had his shirt pulled up again, fingers grazing softly over his newest bruises and cuts. Without thinking, Yunho told the boy to stay where he was and he left to get a first aid kit. Every fiber in Mingi's body told him to get out before he came back, but alas he stayed frozen yet again where he stood.

Yunho returned and, quickly before students would be let out for lunch, he helped Mingi bandage up his torso. Neither boy had said anything the entire time until Yunho broke the silence by asking what happened. Not wanting to tell the truth, Mingi lied saying some boys had hurt him on his way home the day before. Believing what Mingi had said, Yunho offered to walk him home. Mingi tried to decline but Yunho got his way.