Across the aisle, Gruff, Camila, and the kids sat with Everett sitting on Camila’s lap. He was looking dashing in his lavender onesie with suspenders and khaki pants. It closely matched my outfit for the day, yes, I wear wearing a lavender dress shirt with tan dress pants and no, I didn’t hate it at all. It was becoming my favorite color after all.

Maverick sat next to them, holding Elsie on his lap. Bellamy was Landry’s maid of honor, so she’d be standing up with us during the ceremony. In the row behind them were Hattie and Sami. The rest of the seats were filled in by long-time clients, friends, and people from the community center where Hazel and Darren lived. I couldn’t imagine putting together a better ceremony space, paying extra for the all-inclusive package was worth it.

The music began to play, a soft instrumental melody and Bellamy walked down the aisle first. She had a huge smile on her face, but I could see the evidence of recently shed tears. No doubt the two of them were having a good cry session in the back. She stopped to give me a quick kiss on the cheek before taking her place the way we had practiced earlier today. Finally, it was time to shine, the moment I have been waiting for since the day I asked Landry to marry me.

Gripping onto her mom’s arm, Landry began to walk in my direction. Her dress was unconventional, starting as an ivory color and transitioning into a lavender. It would take a special woman to pull off a gown like that and she was just that person. She made it all the way up the aisle before I could no longer hold back the tears. I wiped one away, noticing that her eyes were watering just the same. 

Taking a step forward, I hugged Hazel and she put her hands on my cheeks before giving me a kiss on the cheek. “Her father may not be able to be here today, but I know he’d be proud to give her away to a man like you.”

“Thank you, Hazel, that means the world to me.”

“Go get your bride.”

She didn’t need to say anymore, I took two more steps in Landry’s direction and held out my hand. She was shaking, so I brought her hand to my lips and kissed it. “You look spectacular.”

“Same could be said for you. Wowzers.”

Hand in hand, we stood in front of the hired minister, ready to pledge our never-ending love to each other. This was by far tied for the number one moment of my life.

-----

“I was there the very first time that Jasper and Landry met,” Bellamy began her maid of honor toast, “I don’t remember much of it because we were all really drunk, but I’m almost positive that Landry said she wanted to climb Jasper like a tree.” The guests begin to laugh and Landry turns a deep shade of crimson.

“I then recall Hattie telling her that Jasper was off-limits. I think we all should have known that would never last. I’m glad that she decided to ignore Hattie’s wishes, no offense Hattie.”

“None taken!” Hattie shouts from her table.

“The two of you are the epitome of love, basically what rom-coms are based on. I know that you’ve had a few detours in your love story, but at the end of the day you ended up where you needed to be. It has been a joy to see my best friend fall in love and I wish Landry and Jasper nothing but years upon years of happiness and joy. Cheers!”

Everybody takes a drink of their champagne or sparkling cider and the clanking of glasses begins again. I lean over and kiss my wife once again, something that I know I’ll never get tired of. Bellamy hands off the microphone to Tate and I hold my breath, hoping he doesn’t say something too inappropriate.

“When Jasper asked me to be his best man I was a little surprised. We’ve always been close growing up, but I figured he’d ask somebody like Gruff or Mav who had been married already. I’m glad he asked me though. I’m an observer by nature and since Landry has come into our lives I’ve seen all the signs of two people meant for one another. The way Landry will sit in the corner and just watch Jasper while he acts like an idiot around a group of people. The way Jasper always made sure Landry made her way home safely. The way neither of them would leave the others side when they were dealing with medical issues. It was only a matter of time before they admitted to themselves how in love they were.”

“Jasper and Landry, I am honored to be part of your love story here today and to continue to observe all those signs for the rest of your lives. You’ve been part of the family since you became Bellamy’s best friend, but welcome, officially, Landry. I love you both, to many, many years of love in the future!”

He holds up his glass and everybody cheers once again. Tate walks over to our head table and we both stand to hug him. I didn’t expect him to be so serious in his speech. I guess when it comes down to it everybody has made it clear how much they support Landry and me. I couldn’t ask for a better celebration.

With all of the speeches done and over with, the DJ starts the dance music. I’m not much of a dancer, but I’ll throw down at a wedding and I’m damn sure getting busy at my own wedding. I hold out my hand to Landry, she takes it happily and we find ourselves on the middle of the dance floor doing our best off rhythm white people dancing.

“So is there a required length of time that we have to say here?” I say to her as she suggestively rubs up against my crotch.

“Are you trying to get out of our wedding reception, Jasper?”

I spin her around and pull her up flush against my body, “Baby girl, I’m just trying to bring on the next part of the festivities, the part that includes just the two of us.”

“I’m looking forward to that part too, but we haven’t even cut our cake yet.”

“So we can’t leave yet?”

She throws her head back in laughter, “No handsome, we can’t leave yet.”

The upbeat song transitions into a slow dance and I soften my hold on Landry just a bit. She wraps her hands around my neck and rests my head against my shoulder. “I love you, Jasper Wilkins.”

“I love you, even more, Landry Wilkins.”

“I like the way that sounds.”

“Mmhmm, me too. It’ll be even better in a few months when we can say Everett Wilkins too.”

“Now that’ll be a glorious day. Thank you for making all of my dreams come true, Jas.”

I kiss the top of her head and chuckle, “Baby girl, I haven’t even started.”