𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

chapter four

chapter four.

a week had passed by after the godly figure appeared in her life for a moment. hyejin's shoulders were now loaded with more burden. her finals were in two months and she couldn't concentrate, she failed to impress namjoon, she failed to figure out who that godly human was, she wasn't even close to finding the creepy bastard and not to forget, hobi had been chasing her to get the camera lately.

"i'm a failure." hyejin slumped her shoulders, dropping all her weight on the notebook.

poor notebook.

"out of nowhere?" namjoon looked at her slumped state, taken aback from her words.

she nodded, having no intention on impressing him with her fake smiles anymore.

"i'm a disappointment," she said after moments of silence. "i'm a disgrace, a mess, a loser, a—a pervert? nevermind. i'm irresponsible, lazy, stupid—"

before she could say anymore, a hand clasped her lips, stopping her from saying any further.

"no, you are not." she heard namjoon's voice whisper while he tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"b—but i am a pervert." she muttered, staring at namjoon with her big eyes.

he averted his eyes from her, hesitating for a moment before looking at her again with a tight smile. "aside that."

"oh."

he cleared his throat, appearing to be pondering about something before straightening his posture and saying, "looks like we have to stop our session here today," while he shut the book close.

"its not even thirty minutes since we started studying!" she slammed her fists on the table, all her tired energy washing away from her body as she disagreed with namjoon. "what about my finals? my exams are getting closer and closer by the day!"

his response was fast. he slammed back on the table with both his palms twice as hard as hyejin did. "so you think you will be able to study with all these negative thoughts lingering in your mind?" namjoon deadpanned while glaring at her.

hyejin kept blinking in confusion.

it was the first time he had ever talked to hyejin in a serious manner. he was never harsh on her even when she had made the silliest mistakes yet here he was, snapping at her when she spoke something negative about herself.

namjoon sighed. "its the time when you need a break from studying instead of stressing your brain more," he said with his eyebrows scrunched in worry while leaning onto the table.

"do you prefer walking or cycling?" he asked her out of nowhere with his eyebrows still scrunched.

"uhh, cycling. why do you ask?" she tilted her head.