𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎

chapter one

chapter one.

her breath hitched as she went through the camera. her hands trembled and she could barely hold the camera with the mere energy left in her. yet she tried her best to grip on it and scroll with her eyes never leaving the camera.

someone placed a hand on her shoulder, making her flinch as she looked at the person and blinked rapidly as if she hadn't slept for days.

"hobi." she muttered with a sense of relief laced in her voice.

"are you okay?" he asked her while sliding a mug of coffee beside her and taking a seat near her.

her gaze fell downwards, to the camera, her eyes beginning to water again.

he rubbed the younger's back several times in a calming manner before saying, "it isn't good to stay here late at night. do you have your umbrella with you?" he looked outside, where the cloud poured its grief ceaselessly and looked back at her tiny figure who shook her head.

it was past seven in the evening, the cafe's closing time had already passed yet hyejin refused to leave. the cafe was empty as the employees had went back to their places, leaving hobi as the in charge to close it after the last customer leaves.

"drink up the coffee by the time i wrap things up here. i'll close the cafe and then leave you at your place. sounds good?" he bent his head down to get a better look at her.

she nodded with a sniffle.

once she was done sipping her coffee, she and hobi exited the cafe after hobi closed it and they walked on the streets under the umbrella which saved them from the pitter patter of the rain.

today was different. a lot different from the other days when you would encounter them. the two who were well known for being the doppleganger of the bright sun were now influenced by the heavy pouring of the rain, taking shape of the dull clouds which lingered above them.

"tell me hobi, what did the person see in me? dark circles, acne and crooked teeth?" hyejin broke the silence, her eyes never parting from the rain.

"you shouldn't look down on yourself like that, you're beautiful in your own way, don't forget that."

"so they clicked my photos because i was beautiful?" hyejin mocked.

it was hard to find words for hoseok that could console the girl but no matter what he tried, nothing seemed to work. he knew she was insecure about herself. curse that lousy pervert, he thought.

"don't think about it much. you can give the camera to me and i'll try to find the jerk."

hyejin replied with nothing as she stared at the rain. it wasn't that she despised the rain. it turned so that hyejin's and the rain's energy never matched. if she has big plans for the day, the rain comes down to ruin her plans for the day or if she is out doing spontaneous things, the rain comes down yet again to ruin her outing. rain was for the homebody and she wasn't one.

but right now, she had never expected that she could relate to this heaving pouring so much that she would start appreciating it. it felt as if the rain didn't want her to be alone, so now it walked along with her.

"can you?" the girl said after a while, eyes never leaving the grief pouring.

"i can." it sounded more like a challenge to him and so, he tried to sound as much confident as he could in his voice. he didn't want to see her worrying till she doesn't get a blink of sleep. he wanted his jolly hyejin back.

"you shouldn't let this control you. focus on your studies. don't you want to ace your finals?" he said trying his best to avoid the topic.

"i need to." like earlier, there was a delay in her reply but the determination was evident in her voice but for what, that remained unknown.

they continued walking in silence until they reached her house and he stopped near the doorstep.

"maybe you need to stop coming to the cafe for a while since the person seems to take pictures of you when you're in the cafe." he advised her.

"okay." she replied shortly before she entered her house, shutting the door on his face.

and that's when he realised, she didn't give him the camera.

a/n:- first chapter done! did you enjoy it? share your thoughts about the chapter!