Torn (Levi x Pregnant Reader)

Start from the beginning

In answer, (f/n) pulled him close for a kiss. It was passionate – fueled by how much they already missed each other – but also soft and slow and deep. Levi allowed himself to be fully in the moment, to commit to memory the taste of her lips and the warmth of her love. His hand remained on her womb, caressing it with the utmost gentleness, instinctively wanting to protect the little life inside...

"Black smoke at ten o'clock, Captain!" Petra called, yanking him from his thoughts. "An abnormal! What should we do?"

Levi shook his head, forcing himself to concentrate on the mission. This wasn't the time to be thinking about a pregnant wife who was waiting for him to come home – for that very reason. He had a pregnant wife waiting for him to come home, so he couldn't afford to get distracted and die here. Moreover, his subordinates were entrusting their lives to him, and he couldn't betray that trust by losing focus and getting them killed.

He rallied his squad, leading them to the source of the smoke signal. He was able to save one soldier from the jaws of a titan – but too late. Despite Petra's best attempts to stop the man's wounds from bleeding, he died a few minutes later.

Just as Levi and Petra finished paying their respects, Erwin arrived to tell them that they were heading back to the Walls. Levi bristled at that order, filled with anger at the sheer injustice. So many soldiers had sacrificed their lives today, and for what? For the Scouts to just give up, when they had a clear chance to push further?

Levi told Erwin as much – snapped at him, actually – wondering what in the hell was going through that blonde head. Usually, Levi trusted the commander implicitly, but he couldn't see any logic in this decision. Furthermore, to pass up this chance without a good reason was a disgrace to the people who had died here.

However, Levi's icy anger instantly turned to bone-chilling fear when the commander informed him that the titans were gathering around Trost – just like they had five years ago, during the attack on Shiganshina. That nightmare was happening again. But what really frightened Levi was the fact that (f/n) worked at the military hospital just on the other side of Trost's inner gate. If the Armored Titan showed up like last time...

Would (f/n) be able to get away fast enough in her condition? Could she make the journey all the way to Sina? Probably not on foot, and if she couldn't get on a cart amidst all the chaos...

The thought nearly gave him a heart attack. Naturally, he was quick to obey Erwin's withdrawal order. More than that, as they rode back to Trost, Erwin often had to tell Levi to slow down, because he was getting too far ahead of the rest of the regiment. This greatly irked Levi, who wanted to rush back to Trost as fast as he could. However, he had to stay with the others, and while their speed was impressive for a unit of three hundred soldiers hauling carts and equipment, they weren't nearly as swift as Levi could be on his own.

Yet, when the Scouts arrived in Trost, things were...not what they expected. The outer gate had obviously been smashed to pieces, but somehow, it had been resealed with a boulder. A few titans were clawing at it stupidly, unable to get through.

Levi was the first person over the Wall, and just on the other side of it, an even stranger sight greeted him. Two cadets were pulling a third out of what looked like the steaming corpse of a titan. Another pair of titans was closing in on them, but Levi quickly dispatched the monsters before demanding that the cadets explain exactly what was going on. They gave him a story that he wasn't quite sure he believed, but the Garrison troops corroborated it, so he supposed there must be something to it.

However, he didn't care as much that a teenage boy could transform into a titan. No, he was more focused on the fact that Trost's inner gate had never been broken. The people inside Wall Rose were safe – and that meant (f/n) was safe.