𝐈𝐈.

♚ ♔ ♚

𝘼𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝘼 𝙁𝙀𝙒  moments of contemplation, Leonie finally knocked on the door of her home. Not much has changed, the wooden door was still creaky, and the smog still caked to the wood, creating a dark blanket around the house. She was greeted by the warm smell of home when someone opened the door, the combination of her mother's homemade shortbread and the old wood furniture.

Leonie looked up to see her youngest brother. She stared into his warm hazel eyes. He was frozen, and she assumed that she was too, for she seemed to forgot that she possessed feet and a mouth...she didn't take a step forward or say a word.

"Leonie..." Olivier whispered, followed by a loud "Maman!!". She saw her mother appear in the door way, as she quickly embraced Leonie.

"Oh my little girl, whatever are you doing here?!" her mother asked. She knew Leonie wanted to return home, but she certainly was not expecting it to be on this Tuesday evening.

"I'm home mother... I wanted to come home." Mrs. Dupont pulled her daughter into the house, and proceeded to shower her in kisses. All she felt was joy.

"You are home my love, and oh have you grown. My beautiful girl." She smiled at Leonie with admiration, as she lovingly pinched her cheeks.

Leonie turned to look at her brother. He was tall, very tall. If she remembered correctly, he would be turning eighteen next month, she recall his birthday being just a few days after Halloween. As for Olivier, he would be nineteen already. Her brothers were all grown. Grown men.

"Olivier..." she said reaching out for him.

He quickly embraced her tightly. "Leonie I've missed you so-"

She looked up and saw tears forming in his eyes. "Oh no don't cry my dear brother!". He was always the more sensitive out of her brothers.

"Where in the heavens is Louis?!?" Leonie cried out.

"He's not home. Business with Tommy," her brother answered. She looked over at her mother, curious to see what she thought about this matter.

Margaret had grown around people like Tommy her whole life. She was quite familiar with the ways of the Shelby's. Her father was a bad man. Leonie never got to meet him, although it was because he passed before she was born. Her mother's parents were related to the Lee family, and took an active role within the illegal activities. Margaret's older brother, Robbie, was close with the Shelby boys' father. Margaret, being an astonishing younger age than her brother, grew up to accept the presence of gangs in her life. So, Leonie didn't necessarily expect her mother to despise the idea of her brothers joining the blinders. Leonie knew she wanted a better life for her kids, that's for sure, but it was all second nature to her mother, no matter how hard she tried to escape from it.

"Well you must be exhausted Leni, I'll take you up to your room," her mother said to cheer up the room.

"Yes Maman, that would be wonderful, thank you." She looked back at her brother, and he nodded before leaving them.

Her mother led her up the stairs to her bedroom, helping her with her bags. As Leonie stepped on the cracking floorboards, she passed by a picture of her father on the wall. It was a photograph of her parents while they lived in London. They spent most of their time there together until they moved back to raise us in Birmingham, upon request of my mother. I still don't understand why she wanted to raise us here. Why not London, where people are a bit more "civilized"? Or even where my father grew up in the Parisian suburbs? That is a question I'm not sure she even knew the answer to.