𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 1

Start from the beginning

She seemed to age like fine wine. Her skin still as beautiful and radiant just as when I had met her. Her beautiful long hair was put in a messy bun with butterfly and flower clips scattered throughout the messy thick locks. Sawyer quickly jumped up to help Adaline as she wobbled two her seat beside me. I grabbed her hand in mine and lightly squeezed it with care before lifting it to my lips and kissing it.

"Where is your hermana?" I questioned as I began to cut pieces of the roast on my plate, my eyes gliding to the empty spot at the table where Esme would be seated.
{Sister}

"We heard her on the phone with her boyfriend, she said she'd see him later." Cazmir smiled as he plopped a handful of mashed potatoes into his mouth. My eyebrows wrinkled together and my grip on my knife tightened.

Caz nodded in agreement. "Yea, I told her to come downstairs on our way down but she didn't respond."

"I think she snuck out," Sawyer added.

"Yea to have sex with her boyfriend,"

Caz's lewd comment made me cough. Sawyer and Caz laughed while Adaline scolded the boys and the girls looked over at me with curious expressions.

"Do not use that word around the girls, you know better Caz." She scolded. "Where did you even learn that word, seven-year-olds don't say things like that."

"Uncle Saude told us about it," Cazmir answer casually picking at the leftover mashed potatoes on his plate. He picked up a piece of the juicy roast and quickly shoved it into his mouth without a care of decency. "He said you got had a lot of it to make us."

"Dear God," Adaline muttered under her breath planting her head in her hand. "Go get Esme and later talk to Saude about his...conversations...with the kids."

I huffed under my breath and eyed my two boys before getting out of my chair to jog towards the stairs. I climbed up and turned down the long hallways towards Esme's rooms. My knuckle hit the white wooden door a few times before my patience grew low and I twisted the handle until it broke.

"Esme, I know you're mad but-"

And the room was empty with an open window.

"Lorenzo calm down." My wife muttered rubbing my shoulders even tho I should be doing it to her aching pregnant body. My foot tapped impatiently on the wooden floor of the foyer, my eyes glancing at the watch still strapped to my wrist reading 1:29.

"Baby, you shouldn't be up. You need to reserve your energy besides I don't want you getting a headache from all the yelling." I retorted in a calm but angry voice. She slapped at my shoulder.

"No yelling, she's a teenager, she's gonna want to do things like this. She's experiencing and exploring who she is. Sure she's being rebellious but that's not Esmeralda."

I rolled my eyes with attitude. "Baby, when I say no, that means no. She needs to understand that I am in charge. She may be seventeen but she's still a child that we must watch after. I don't want her fucking randoms — what if she ended up pregnant?"

Suddenly the front door creaked open and we watched a messy-haired Esme stumble in. She paused when she heard the small tap of my foot as she quickly tried to shut the door silently. "Sawyer? Caz? I swear to God if that's you guys and you snitch I'm killing you."

I clapped my hands twice to trigger the lights and she froze when she saw me and her mother behind me. "So that's how you talk to your brothers."

She groaned, throwing her head back against the wall and cursing in our mother tongue. "Don't stare, Papa. I'm tired."

I abruptly stood up, my nose caught in a whiff of the strong alcohol that coated her.  "Your tired? But yet you reek of alcohol. Your seventeen, Esmeralda!"

"And! Your forty-six!"

"Don't be fucking smart with me, I'm not in the mood for your attitude! Did you think I wouldn't find out about you sneaking out? You made it quite obvious." I growled narrowing my eyes at my intoxicated teen daughter.

She laughed sarcastically. "Yea well, frankly I don't give a fuck and I don't give a fuck. You would've found out anyway so," She shrugged her shoulder carelessly. "Besides I didn't want roast for dinner."

"Don't cuss at me, I'm your father!"

"Yeah well, I'm your daughter! But you treat me like a fucking army cadet. The boys have more privilege than me and their seven! You say no to me about everything! I can never leave this goddamn house unless it's for school and I'm leaving with a family member," She had tears sparkling in her eyes. "Why are you trying to keep me trapped!"

I gritted my teeth and point towards the staircase sternly. "Go to your goddamn room! Don't come out until I say so!" She didn't hesitate to run past me and up the stairs turning down the hall and disappearing. "And your fucking grounded for 6 months! I'm boarding up your windows!"

"B-Baby, You're being harsh," Adaline muttered coming to me and rubbing at my arm soothingly.

"No, I'm putting my foot down."

"No, you're being a dick because some of what she said was right." Saude muttered with his mouth stuffed with roast. I had forgotten he had been here the whole time.