19: 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭

A/N: Song is great...Should totally listen to it. Kinda matches the vibe.

"Chase...I have to." I whispered back to him, not even daring to turn around.

I knew he was angry and I knew he was going to try to push me to break up with Nix. But I couldn't and he knew that — I knew it first hand because that's what caused our fight last night — me trying to break up with him.

"Dad, can you give us a minute?" Chase asked his father — Mr. Dylans — who nodded and left the classroom.

Chase slowly walked around me — eyeing my body carefully. Studying every purple bruise that came in different types of shades. The one on my stomach was huge and unmistakable. Chase eyed me closely before enveloping my beaten body in a careful embrace.

I couldn't help but react with tears as I cried out my sadness into Chase's chest, my arms wrapped around him tightly — afraid to let him go, let him slip from me. For once in the last three years, I finally got to cry. I muffled my aching scream in Chase's chest as he rubbed my back soothingly and whispered "Let it all out.".

And I did.

I was crying hard. My broken heart was pounding against my aching chest as I continued to do just that. I let out all my sorrow and suffering and heartbreak and anger and frustration and the pulsating pain. The pulsating pain that was coming from my head.

I pulled away, feeling lightheaded. I looked up at Chase with red-stained eyes.

He looked down at me with so much sympathy and anger. But he stayed calm. His hands cupped my aching, thumping head. Right on top of the place, I was bleeding from last night.

"I don't know how much I can carry on with watching you take his abuse. It's not right Rosey, He's not right," He leaned his head down to mine and pecked my lips softly. "You know I would never treat you like that. You deserve so much better than that — than him."

I knew he was right. I didn't know how much I could take anymore either.

"I-I know. B-But I've t-tried to leave." I whimpered.

Chase sighed heavily and leaned his head against my forehead. "I'm leaving to go to a football camp in Arizona. I want you to come with me for the summer. My dad will pay for all your expenses and you can stay with me in my cabin. You'll be safe and I can take care of you, baby. I want to so just let me."

I winced when he brushed his hand over the reopened wound. I glanced up at him and watched him slowly pull his left hand from my wounded head. His eyes went wide when he noticed what the red-stained liquid was on his large hand. "Blood?"

My blood.

He turned my head to the right and moved some of my hair out the way to get a better look at the source. "Your bleeding Adaline?! You have a huge cut on your head and your bleeding?!"

My lightheadedness blurred everything. Chase was moving too fast — he pulled my shirt on and tugged me out of the classroom with his father following along. "W-Where are w-we going?" I slowly asked, grasping my head.

"I'm confronting that bastard. And I don't care what the fuck happens. Your bleeding Rosey! You could have a concussion." He seethed back pulling me down the many hallways until we started to approach Nix's class.

"I-I'm fine."

No, I'm not.

"No your not Rosey! He did this to you didn't he?!" Chase glared back.