When your child is attacked by orcs

It had been 5 years since the birth of Lorien. Legolas and you had set out for travelling the entirety of middle earth six months back along with Lor. Everything was just how you wanted them to be.

Currently you both were in a small village in the kingdom of Haradrim. You had helped kill off a big band of orcs with Legolas and that had informed the king about your presence. He was kind enough to invite you all to his palace for a grand feast that was being held by him for his son's birthday.

'Mommy! Mommy!' Lor cried as she ran into the room with her small feet. You kneeled down beside her and took her in your arms.
'What's wrong Lor? ' you asked as you placed a kiss on her forehead.
'I got hurt Mommy, b-but I did not cry because I'm a brave girl' she said as she pointed to her knee. Her knee was scraped off quite a bit and there was blood everywhere.
Your eyes widened, 'Oh my god, how did that happen Lor, wait sit here' you said as you picked her up to the bed. You brought a clean wet cloth and some ointments and started cleaning her knee.
'Does it hurt too much? ' you softly asked looking at the pain on her face. She nodded. 'Then you can cry little one,it's alright, it's okay to cry when it hurts too much, this is going to go away very soon okay? Mommy loves you' you said as you cleaned and bandaged her wound. You wiped off a few of her tears from her face and lifted her up to your lap.
'You are my little brave girl, aren't you? ' you said as you kissed her cheek.
'I love you mommy' she said as she hugged you tightly.

Just then Legolas barged into the room looking extremely worried.
'Is she alright?? ' he asked as he slowly took Lor into his arms.
'She's alright meleth nin, I've cleaned her up' you said. Legolas let out a sigh of relief as he slowly put Lor down and placed a kiss on her forehead.

'The King asks for our help once again, two small bands of orcs have been spotted at the edge of this village. He has requested us to assist the group of soldiers who are going to bring them down.' Legolas informed as you nodded.
'When do we go? ' you asked.
'Tonight, will you be able to go? The wound on your leg is still healing' Legolas asked a little concerned.
'I'm alright my love, you know I always get these little injuries from time to time' you smiled as you stood up and placed your hands around his neck.

'That is a mystery I don't get, how I return back without a single scratch and you, my love come back as though you fought a hundred orcs on your own' he said as he grabbed you by your waist and brought you closer.
'I DID fight a 100 orcs on my own though' you pouted as Legolas chuckled and leaned in for a long kiss.
'What about Lor? Will she be alright here? ' you asked.
'The king will send a few soldiers to guard her here plus, my little daughter can fight off orcs herself can't she?' Legolas said picking up Lorien and twirling her around in the air.
'Adaaaa' Lor laughed.

As night fall set in you and Legolas started getting ready for the fight. You put in all of your newly sharpened blades and daggers into your pockets. Lor watched you in amazement. You looked at her and chuckled, 'what are you looking at little one? ' you asked as you signalled her to come towards you.
'You look so strong mommy, are you a better fighter than Ada? ' she whisper-asked.
'Oh yes im a much better fighter than your Ada, in fact, ' you said with your voice a little more raised, 'I have killed twice as many orcs and spiders as him'.

'Hey! You are atleast 500 years younger than me! What killing twice as many orcs are you talking about! ' Legolas said flustered. You chuckled as you got up and placed a kiss on his lips, 'yes yes my love, you have killed more orcs than me' you said, 'in your dreams' you added in a whisper.
'I heard that' Legolas chuckled.

'Come here Lor' Legolas called her and picked her up into his lap.
'This is for you' he said as he handed a small dagger to her, 'it's for you to protect your self with'. Lor took the dagger in hand and looked at it in amazement.
'Now don't hurt yourself with it' you chuckled as you kissed her forehead.