Chapter 12 : Farewell Gathering

It was a Friday and the mall has setup a children's playground for the weekend. The young princess was drinking her milkshake, looking down at the atrium, admiring the happy children playing on slides and bouncy castles.

"When was the last time you were on a playground?" Chloe read her thoughts.

"Not ever. The closest I had was at my birthday party, when I was five."

"Do you ever get to play?"

"Yes, I get to play the piano and violin, get to play poetry and painting, and I got a part in my school drama play."

"That wasn't what I meant..."

"I'm kidding, Chloe." the young princess chuckled. "But most my time are on extra curriculums. I don't have much private time."

"Everything to shape you a princess." Kalani said. She didn't touch her shake, her eyes were scanning at all time. "You should come to El Centro, at least we have a slide!" if you don't mind the bullet holes and used needles, which she didn't mention.

Brooke arrived shortly after her sister, responding to Vicky's farewell.

"Did Abby approve that?" she looked at Vicky wearing the black and pink studio jacket. "You know she's gonna kill you. Right?"

"Who's gonna kill you?" Kalani turned to her protectee.

"It's just an expression." Chloe calmed her down.

"Oh My God! What are you wearing??" Kendall showed up all freaked out. "Miss Abby is going to kill you!"

"Yeah, we heard that before!" Paige sucking on her straw.

"PLEASE take a picture of her when she finds out. I'll give anything to see that face!" Brooke laughed.

The afternoon passed as the girls exchanged their lives in a reality show, for the live of a princess in the palace.

"Guys. I think it's time to go." Kalani said.

"So soon? We haven't got a present for Vicky yet." Kendall whined.

"She's right. It's time." Chloe said.

Vicky saw a familiar face on her friend, one that was tense and alert. At the far end, two men in suit were watching them, she spotted two more behind them.

"How do you want to do this?" Kalani asked, already planning a hundred strategies in her head.

"Let's heard them out. I want to know why they are doing this." Chloe narrowed her eyes.

Kalani waved a waitress over, pointed at the display cabinet and ordered a big birthday cake.

"Would you like it cut?" the waitress asked.

"No. Give us a knife."

The waitress went to get the cake, everyone looked at Kalani with questionable eyes.

"What? We need a cake, to celebrate farewell!" Kalani shrugged.

They ate and ordered more desserts, waiting for the men to approach, but they seem to just standing there.

"They are going to take us on our way out." Brooke observed. "I counted six."

Chloe studied the floor plan. They were on the third floor looking down the atrium. There were three paths, front, back and a bridge extending across the atrium, all blocked by a two men post.

"Uh, should we just sit here and eat?" Vicky grew nervous by the minute, seeing the girls enjoying their desserts like nothing happens.

The waitress came placing a check on the table. Kalani looked up and pointed at the men closest to them.