Ch 3 (Part 2)- Phil Coulson

MALIBU, CALIFORNIA
2010

We walked upstairs to see Obadiah playing the piano.

"How'd it go?" My dad asked. Obadiah just stared at him and me as he kept playing the piano.

"It went that bad huh?"

"Just because I brought pizza back from New York doesn't mean it went bad."

"Uh-huh sure doesn't." I spoke up.

"Oh boy." Spoke my father as he opened the pizza and I sat next to Pepper

"It would have gone better if you were there Tony."

"Uh-uh, you told me to lay low. That's what I've been doing. I lay low, and you take care of all..."

"Hey come on in public. The press. This was a board of directors meeting."

"This was a board of directors meeting?"

"The board is claiming you have posttraumatic stress. They're filling an injunction."

"A what?"

"They want to lock you out."

"Why? Cause the stocks did 40 points? We knew that was gonna happen." I added in the conversation.

"Fifty-six and a half." Pepper corrected me.

"It doesn't matter You guys own the controlling interest in the company."

"Thank you May." My dad said to me.

"Mhm."

"Tony," Obie dragged out, " The board has rights, too. They're making the case that you and your new direction isn't in the company's best interest." But Obie was cut off before he could finish.

"I'm being responsible! That's a new direction for me, for the company. I mean, me on the company's behalf being responsible for the way that... this is great."

"Oh, come on. Tony. Tony!"

"I'll be in the shop. May is the only one aloud to join me." And with that he got up taking the pizza with him.

"Hey, Hey! Hey, Tony. Listen." Obie got up and stopped Tony by putting his hand on Tony's shoulder turning him around.

"I'm trying to turn this thing around, but you gotta give me something. Something to pitch them. Let me have the engineers analyze that. You know, draw some specs."

"No. No, absolutely not." Obie interrupted him though before he could finish.

"It'll give me a bone to throw the boys in New York!"

"This one stays with me, that's it Obie forget it."

"Alright then this stays with me then, go on here you can have a piece. Take two." Tony grabbed a piece.

"Thank you. May are you coming or not?"

"I'm gonna head to bed dad see you tomorrow?"

"Yea."

"K." And with that I went up stairs saying goodnight to Obie and Pepper thinking about what the hell my dad is going to do.
                   *********************

Right now I am currently at my dads red carpet in a tight black dress pretending I am just my dads intern. Knowing he isn't going to show up tonight. Until I see my dad at the bar talking to.... Phil? I focus and I try to listen to there conversation from across the room.

"Agent Coulson."

"Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. The guy from the..."

"Strategic Homeland intervention ,Enforcement and logistics Division." I give out a little laugh knowing very well he is just doing that to keep me safe. My dad sighs then responds.

"God, you need a new name for that."

"Yeah, I hear that a lot. Listen, I know this must be a trying time for you, but we need to debrief you. There's still a lot of unanswered questions, and time can be a factor with these things. Lets just put something on the books. How about the 24th at 7:00 p.m. at Stark Industries?"

"Tell you what. You got it. You're absolutely right. Well, I'm going to go to my assistant, and we'll make a date." And with that my dad started walking towards Pepper. I started speed walking towards Phil.

"What the hell are you doing here." I asked him once I got up to the bar.

"Calm down Agent Elemental I'm not gonna do anything that will blow your cover. Just here to talk with your dad."

"About?"

"How he escaped."

"Okay well leave me out of it for now please."

"Of course." And after that he left.

"One Vodka straight. Please."

"Rough night?" The bartender asks

"Very." He hands me the Vodka as I turn around to look at the dance floor to find Pepper and my dad dancing. I smile as I come to the conclusion its time for me to go home.
**************

I am currently watching a movie when I hear my phone ring.

"Hey Rhodes what's up?"

"Can you check your dad for me."

"Why is everything okay?"

"Just go in his lab and check on him for me."

"Uh yea okay." I quickly hung up and ran down to my dads lab.

"Dad?"

"Hey not there!" I walked in to see Dummy helping my dad take of his new red suit. With... bullet holes in it?

"Fucking hell dad. What happened?"

"I had some fun. Used my suit for good." I started to smile of proudness but before I could say anything Pepper starts walking down.

"Sir the more you struggle the more this is going to hurt." J.A.R.V.I.S was talking to my father groaning in pain

"I Designed this to come off so.. Ow Hey!"

"What's going on here?" Pepper walking in, on the worst time.

"Lets face it. This is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."

"Gross." I whispered under my breath.

"Are those bullet holes?" Pepper looked very worried.
********************

I was currently in my room packing. I am leaving to go back home in three days so I wanted to start packing early when I hear somebody at my door.

"Oh hey Obie!"

"Hey May, what's up!"

"Not a lot you?" Something seemed off.

"Not a ton either." That's when he started walking towards me and before I could stop him he wrapped a device around my neck. It looked and felt just like the device that place with the symbol took me. I groaned in pain as I felt my powers drain out of me as my eyes turned  a light green.

"Why?" I managed to say.

"I cant have you getting in the way darling." As he grabbed my chin and walked away. I couldn't move without feeling pain. I felt weak. I don't know how long I was sitting on the floor for until I felt my whole body go numb. Tingles spread through my body. I focused on my power attempting to come through with it again. But nothing.

I focus. I focus as much power as I can with this thing around my neck to send my dad some sort of message using my hallucinations power. Until I finally conjure a small message. As my eyes quickly turned dark green dimming as soon as it came.

!!AUTHORS NOTE!!- Okay so book 1 is literally gonna be done by the end of the week and I am so excited! Please vote and comment your thoughts about this Chapter! Love you all!