9 | The Rescue

We landed on the hard, dusty ground of Midgard, and somehow, I managed to land on my feet this time. I turned around, looking in awe, at the mediocre planet. There was nothing in sight, except for a small speck in the distance that look like it could be civilization.

Sif started marching in tha direction. I, along with the Warriors Three began to follow her, keeping up with her fast and urgent pace, as best as I could.

When we reached the town, many people seemed shocked and confused by our presence. I had no idea why, so I attempted to smile at the people who were looking at us in astonishment.

Volstagg moved to walk in the lead, as Sif slowed to walk beside me. She turned to face me, not looking at me with irritation, for once.

"Do you still wish to not become a warrior?" She asked with intrigue, not scorn. "Or have you warmed up to the idea after experiencing it?"

I shrugged my shoulders, not having a solid answer to her question. "I'm not as opposed to the idea, as I once was," I settled, looking up at my sister. She was only a little older than me, but she seemed so much wiser. "I would actively consider it."

Sif smiled slightly. "I'm glad to hear." She looked straight ahead at all of the MIdgardians, looking at us in awe. "You were exceptional on Jotunheim." She bumped her shoulder with mine. "I might even go as far as to say I'm proud of you."

I smiled bashfully at Sif's heartfelt compliment. Sif was not the type to praise people on their merits, so it was exclusive if she spared me flattery. "Thank you, Sif," I said quietly.

Suddenly, Volstagg shouted out. "Over there!" He pointed to a building with clear glass walls. "Look, it's Thor."

I squinted my eyes and could clearly make out the God of Thunder. He looked slightly overgrown and laughable in his Midgardian attire, but it was undeniably him.

We ran over to the window and Volstagg began to thump his fists against it, gaining the attention of the three Midgardians inside. Thor turned around upon hearing the commotion, his eyes widening as he realised it was us.

"Found you." Volstagg cheered, as two of the Midgardians dropped their ceramic mugs, which shattered on the hard ground.

Sif pushed open the door and the warriors rushed in to greet their friend. I hung back as the group all partook in a large group hug, watching silently as they all reunited with their best friend.

"My friends," Thor greeted excitedly, as he greeted each of them.

"This is good," Volstagg exclaimed, hugging Thor. "This is good!" He walked up to the confused and stunned Midgardians. "Oh excuse me," he apologised, gesturing to himself and the rest of us.

"Lady Sif and the Warriors Three," Thor introduced his friends. Then he turned to me and approached me with a large grin, enveloping me in a hug, which I accepted humbly. "And this is Lady Abi."

We all turned to face the Midgardians as Thor continued to gush. "My friends. I have never been happier to see anyone." The warriors looked happy to see their friends so grateful, but his face soon turned grave. "But you should not have come."

"We're here to take you home," Fandral exclaimed in exasperation, while Volstagg laughed, thinking Thor was joking.

Thor looked confused. "You know I can't go home," he said solemnly. "My father is... Dead because of me, and I must remain in exile."

My eyes widened in shock at Thor's words. Dead? No he isn't. I looked up, taking in Thor's confusion. "Thor," I gained his attention. "Your father still lives."