Clubs might be fun

Pawn checkmate 😎

I totally forgot that clubs were on the second day of school.

Also to clarify some stuff I'm making Ayanokouji able to smile cause he can in the first novel. I'm also going to make a bit more expressible if I need to cause there are multiple counts of him doing it in the earlier novels.

Well blah blah blah there isn't much that I missed anyways.

Short summary I don't think I'd deviate far from how the actual story went so it'd be the similar.
Ayanokouji heads to lunch, Kushida confronts him about Horikita. Ayanokouji says he isn't well aquainted with her. He decides to get lunch at the convenience store over the cafeteria, then an announcement about clubs. This time he doesn't invite Horikita.

Ok now that I fixed what I messed up on to the story!

I checked the time, it was already half past four.

"Hirata I think we should get going as the club fair is starting soon."

"Yeah I almost forgot about that."

We agreed to meet at a location not to far from the first gymnasium. We all headed back to change back into our school attire for access onto school grounds.

Meet up time.

When I got there everyone was already there. Seems like I was last. I checked the time, three more minutes.

"Now that everyone's here we should get going." Hirata said.

Everyone agreed and we headed inside.

"We got here in time for their advertisements of the clubs."

Listening to the promotions for the clubs were quite boring. It was quite apparent that they just wanted new members for an increase in their budget. The clubs all gave generic introductions, the upperclassmen walked off the stage toward a reception area for new members. I turned my attention back to the stage to see a male, who was one seventy centimetres, so not too tall. He was slender, with sleek black hair. He wore sharp glasses and had a piercing, calculating gaze. Standing in front of the microphone, he calmly looked around at the first-year students. What was his club, and what in the world was he going to say? My interest had been piqued.

Unfortunately, my expectations were dashed immediately. He didn't say a single word. Maybe he was drawing a blank? Or perhaps he was so nervous that he couldn't speak?

"Do your best!"

"Did you forget to bring your notecards?"

"Ha ha ha ha ha!"

The first-year students hurled comments at him. However, the upperclassman stood on the stage calmly, without trembling. The laughter and comments didn't seem to faze him. When the laughter had reached a crescendo, it suddenly died. He wore an apathetic expression.

"What's with this guy?" remarked an astonished student.

The gymnasium buzzed with people talking, yet the boy on the stage still did not move. He simply stood there, quiet and motionless, staring fixedly at the crowd. Horikita stared back at the student with an intense gaze, not breaking her line of sight even for a second. The relaxed atmosphere gradually changed, and things took an unexpected turn. It was as if some chemical reaction had taken place. An unbelievably tense, quiet mood gripped the entire gymnasium. Even though no orders had been given, the silence was so terrible that it seemed to have gagged everyone. Not a single student looked able to open his or her mouth. The silence continued for about thirty seconds or so... Then, the student started his speech, slowly scanning the crowd.

"I'm the student council president. My name is Horikita Manabu," he said.

Horikita? Like the Horikita Suzune I know? I might be able to use this. I scanned the gym to see a pale Horikita looking at the stage. Looks like my suspicions were right. I started smugly grinning internally.(Smugkouji? 😳) Judging from her reaction I'm guessing her relationship with her brother isn't too great.

Turning back I heard the other Horikita spoke in a soft tone, but the tension around us was so thick it felt like you could cut it with a knife. He had managed to silence over a hundred new students in that spacious gymnasium. Of course, it wasn't his position as student council president that granted him this deference. That was simply Horikita Manabu's power. His presence dominated everyone around him.

"Furthermore, we in the student council do not wish to appoint anyone who possesses a naive outlook. Not only would such a person not be elected, he or she would sully the sanctity of this school. It is the student council's right and duty to enforce and amend the rules, but the school expects more than that. We gladly welcome those of you who understand this." 

He didn't pause even once during his eloquent speech. Immediately after finishing, he hopped off the stage and left the gymnasium. None of the first-year students could utter a single word as we watched him go. We didn't know what would've happened if we'd tried to talk. Everyone in the room shared the same thought, apparently. 

"Thank you all for coming. The club fair has ended. We will now open the reception area to anyone interested in signing up. Also, registration will be open until the end of April, so if any student wishes to join at a later date, we ask that you please bring the application form directly to the club you wish to join." 

Thanks to the laid-back organizer, the tension in the air dissipated. Afterward, the third-year students who'd introduced their respective clubs started taking applications.

We decided to browse around a bit.

"Ayanokouji-kun are you planning on joining a club? Hirata are you going to join the soccer club?"

We both gave short answers.

"If something piques my interest."

"Definitely."

"What about you guys?" I asked them to avoid being questioned about my answer.

"Nah"

"There's no good clubs."

Most of them started talking about how none of the clubs were good. We ended up passing by the music club and my eye drifted toward the piano. Apparently that hadn't gone unnoticed because Matsushita spoke up.

"Ayanokouji are you interested in the music club?"

"Huh Ayanokouji doesn't look like someone who's play music." Replied Shinohara.

"Shinohara you shouldn't judge someone based off there looks."

Shinohara looked down and responded.

"Your right Hirata-kun, I'm sorry Ayanokouji-kun."

"I'm fine, and Matsushita I am a bit interested." I read that clubs are usually parts of a normal high school life, it shouldn't be too bad to try it out. Walking up to the desk I saw the representative and introduced myself.

I don't know what write for that. If you want me to make the members of the club more prominent please feel free to tell me. They can be like an Ayanokouji group 2.0.
After thanking the upperclassman there I went back to the group.

"How was the representative?"

"They were pretty nice I guess."

"You guess?"

"I mean they were nice just a bit odd."

Don't know if this was good or not, but please tell me feedback.

Next time... Chabashira SS and Perverts dreamland.