Chapter 10: What Is This?

Start from the beginning

"Really," Harry said sarcastically. "I meant the match. Who won?"

Ron blushed, slightly embarrassed by his remark.

The room once again filled with silence.

Hermoine being the most responsible and sensible of the bunch, spoke up, "No one blames you, Harry. The Dementors aren't meant to come on the grounds."

Harry's eyes shifted, confused at what she was saying.

She continued to speak, "Dumbledore was furious. After he saved you, he sent them straight off."

He nodded, not taking it to heart but gave a grim look off the window.

Ron chiming in again, brought out a brown bag from behind his back."There's something else you should know, Harry."

Harry looked at the bag, keen to see what it was.

I instantly knew what the contaminants of the bag were.

"Your Nimbus," he stuttered. "When it blew away, it sort of landed in the Whomping Willow. And well," he began to open the bag as he spoke hesitantly, unsure of how Harry would react.

From the condiments of the brown parcel, paper bag said a splinter of wood and fried up broom hairs upon what once was Harry's broom.

"I am so sorry, Harry," I held out my hand, cusping his own.

It was the first real broom he ever had, and it was basically his pride and joy. However, some part of me felt happy that his broom was broken.

Wait, why was I happy.

Harry is my best friend, almost like my own sibling, yet I was relishing the fact that his broom was broken.

Did this had something to do with Luna?

Why did I think of Luna just now?

"Is something wrong Ella," Harry looked at me, his face somewhat confused.

I shake the thoughts from my head. "No, just relieved that you are okay, but i am sort of worried about someone."

"Who could that be," Harry asked.

I held in my grin, "I am just worried about Candice."

Hermoine's face went white as she knew what I was going to say. Fred and George smiled, anticipating for my answer.

Harry looked around, "Nobody answer."

Ron was confused and spoke up, "Who is Candice?"

I turn my face, my smile reaching farther than I can ever reach my cheeks.The wind began to form in my lungs as I was about to shout, but Hermoine cusped her hand on my mouth as I muffled my words.

Fred and George laughed as I turned to her, disappointed. Harry sighed in relief as those around sighed along with him.

"Thanks, Hermoine," Harry said.

I looked at both of them, irritated.

Ron, however, was confused, and Neville accompanied his confusion.

"What was she going to say," Neville asked.

Hermoine turned, "Nothing important, Neville. Come now, let him rest."

We all listened to Hermonie; she was like a motherly figure shooing us off.

Going along, we all said goodbye to Harry as we walked away.

Ron seemed to go off with the twins, and Neville followed behind them. That, of course, left Hermoine and I alone with one another.

She let out a deep sigh as we began to head towards our dorms. Her face became slightly pale, and I could tell she was relieved that Harry was fine.

"You alright, Hermoine," I ask her placing my hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

Her hand placed against my own, squeezing it slightly to reassure me that she was fine.

"I am doing fine, Estrelle; we should just focus on how to help Harry."

Nodding my head, I agreed with Hermoine's sentiment we had to do our best to cheer up Harry in order for him to get better. He would not like us worrying over him.

Suddenly the scent of lavender filled my nose; it was slight, but I could smell it. So I turn around to see the source of the smell.

Was it her again?

My heart beats faster, and my body turns quickly.

I looked to see her but only saw the light blond streaks of hair disappear from view along with the scent.

My heart sank feeling as I have missed the opportunity to say hello. But, on the other hand, maybe she was only passing by to go somewhere else.

Apart of me felt that this possibility was the only true reason.

"Estrelle, what are you looking at," Hermoine comes to my side before the stars start to move once more.

I smiled, looking down, "I thought I saw a little bunny hopping around."

Hermoine's eyes looked skeptical, "A bunny in the Castle?"

I chuckle a little as the portrait of the lady stood before us. "Nevermind must have been my imagination. Come on, let us go get changed."

Hermoine followed behind me before a man in one of the paintings spoke to me.

He wore a turban over his head and had brown warm skin. In addition, he had a well-kept beard that put these other ragged wizards to shame.

"Miss. Lupin, are you not forgetting something," he said in a kind, soothing voice.

Hermoine and I look at the man.

He sat in the chair, flipping a book in his painting as the fire flickered.

"What am I forgetting, Sir William," I ask, looking at him

He closed his book looking at me keenly, "You have detention with Professor Snape, remember."

My eyes widen, and my whole body screams.

"Oh, my Merlin, I am going to be bashed in like Harry's poor broom. Hermoine, I need to change quickly. Bloody Hell, how did I forget!!!"

As I quickly rushed into the dorm, changing and getting ready for my detention with Snape, I did not realize what would lie ahead for the rest of the week.