18 - The Existence of You to Me

Start from the beginning

Though I really much need one right now, I'm not sure if I should. 

"I see your night time fit hasn't changed," she says breaking the silence.

She points up at my hair, "Your sprout has grew. Your hair is practically to your shoulders now."

I let out an airy laugh, "Can say the same for you. Your hair is basically in your butt crack."

She chuckles, "Not gonna lie it gets stuck there when I shower."

We both laugh.

"Sunni..." She starts to say.

"She should be upstairs the third door to the right!" We hear Ms. Go shout from downstairs.

Suddenly we hear footsteps coming up the stairs making Yuni flinch.

Yuni screams from the sight of a man with a fully black outfit. Black mask and cap holding a black cat and black bag.

I know those eyes and that cat...

Jungwon.

"What... What are you going here?" I question him getting closer.

He pulls down his mask.

Yuni lets out a sigh of relief, "You scared me half to death!"

I grab Toto from him and look up to meet his eyes.

"How did you know that I'd be-"

"Figured this is the only place you two would go in such a hurry," He cuts me off.

"But what are you-"

"You left Toto," he continues to cut me off, petting Toto. "Poor guy was alone in your empty bedroom."

"Not only that, you left quite a bit of stuff," He says holding up the black bag.

"But Jungwon, your mom seriously trails you. She knows you're here, " I tell him.

"I was very discreet when I snuck out. I had Jongseong dress up as me and I saw those suckers with my own eyes follow him," he says making my eyes go wide.

"They're like in this black car right in front of my house. I can't believe we've never noticed," he says almost laughing.

"And besides," he starts to say. "I don't think I should really care anymore."

That's true. He was really careful with me because he was scared of costing my mom's job. Now that she quit, he doesn't need to be on egg shells.

He stares down at me, giving me a sweet smile. 

My heart starts to beat faster and faster. 

Yang Jungwon did you really have to come up here with a cap fully unleashing your eyebrows and your big eyes?

"I wish you didn't have to leave. I'm going to miss you... a lot," he confesses.

My eyes widen from his words. I remember that Yuni is right next to us.

I turn my head to see Yuni with her eyes big and her mouth partially open.

I turn back to Jungwon, "Thank you for bringing Toto and my stuff." I grab the bag from him as I let Toto go.

I turn him towards the stairs and slightly push him so he can go. 

"I'll see you tomorrow at school," I say to him before turning back towards Yuni.

"Come again Jungwon!" Shouts Ms. Go. They're practically besties now.

"'I'm going to miss you... A LOT'," mimics Yuni before she bursts out into laughter.