Chapter 65: Finding a Grandfather & Healing a Friend

Start from the beginning

However, there were sudden problems that arose. I had to deal with an alliance between Kumo and Konoha. The marriage was postponed. I went to Kumogakure with Saru and his team, Danzo, Koharu and Homura. 

A coup d'etat had been staged during the meeting by some citizens of Kumo who were unhappy with the alliance against their own Raikage. The leaders of the coup themselves were too cocky. The Gold and Silver Brothers, Kinkaku and Ginkaku attacked us at the summit. We were outnumbered and I had my team to take care of. We had no choice but to flee, but the enemy were hot on our heels. I chose to stay back and sacrifice myself as a decoy and chose Saru as the Sandaime Hokage."

He looked down and shed a tear. "The Uzumaki have the gift of longevity. I thought that if I was reanimated, I would meet Naoko and our child once and ask for forgiveness. I don't remember much of the pure world when I am in the world of the living. But from what you have told, Uzu no Kuni had been plundered during the Second Great Shinobi War that had started after my death. I couldn't protect Naoko. I couldn't protect my child." Tobirama broke down into silent sobs.

Naruto comforted him as she partially embraced him but didn't say anything. She thought about something that was ringing bells in her mind as Tobirama told his story. After he calmed down, she asked, "Your fiancee was Uzumaki Naoko?" He nodded.
"Your father-in-law Uzumaki Arashi?" Another nod.
"Your brothers-in-law Ryuuho and Kaito?" Another nod, but with a raised eyebrow. He hadn't told her their names. Naruto spoke after a long pause.

"My mother Uzumaki Kushina was brought to Konoha a year before Uzu was attacked as a transfer student to be the second Jinchuuriki of Kyuubi as Mito-sama was becoming weaker. Kaa-san wrote in her journal of her mother she knew for five years and missed, two uncles who spoilt her, a grandfather who had trained her briefly, and a father she never knew." Tobirama froze and Naruto continued.

"Kushina was Naoko's only daughter, only child. I guess her special chakra, even among the Uzumaki comes from your Senju blood, Sensei." Naruto gave a soft chuckle, her eyes softening.

Tobirama's eyes widened, "That means you are... my grandchild?" Naruto nodded vigorously. "Yes Ojii-sama." Tobirama chuckled nervously as they embraced and teared up. "That makes me feel so old. But I don't care. It makes me happy." After a pause he said. "So that's why I felt familiar chakra in you. Your chakra has the characteristics of both Naoko's and mine."

As they pulled back, Naruto asked, "But did no one know about you courting Obaa-sama?" "No. I wanted to keep it in the dark till I married. And it is a good thing I did. Else, my daughter's life would've been in more danger than it already was." After thinking for a while he narrowed his eyes. "So that 'Yellow Flash' was my son-in-law, huh? Fitting perhaps, since he was the only one who mastered my technique before you. I will meet him some other time to see how he treated and would treat my princess."

They had share stories as time passed, Tobirama growing sadder after listening to Naruto's stories in Konoha, but lightening up at the fine girl his blood grew into. Coaxing stories and his opinions from Tobirama was more difficult than doing the same with others, but Naruto did her best to ease him up. The man was simply too selfless!

...

Around five months into Tobirama's training, Naruto was called as the ANBU Cheetah as a part of the back up team requested by a team of four- Crow, Raven, Bear, Deer. She knew them all, but she knew two of them better- Crow (Shisui) and Raven (Itachi). Apparently, they were ambushed by rogue shinobi and their oh-so-important client had been a disguised rogue himself. They had targeted the Sharingan of one 'Crow'. When the back up team had reached, most of the enemy had been eliminated. Naruto or Akira and her team finished the rest.